Skip to main content
Topic: Re-activate a deleted account (Read 2964 times) previous topic - next topic

Re-activate a deleted account

A user asked if it is possible to re-activate his deleted account. Is it?

If it is too much work I have no problem with creating a new account for him...

Re: Re-activate a deleted account

Reply #1

I think that is not possible.

Reply #2

With SMF all posts of deleted users had the same (guest) ID, but the username was still in the database for each post, so it could made happen. Should be possible with ElkArte too, or not? I am not very firm with such things so I need a little help here.

Reply #3

What you can easily do is create a new account and re-assign all the posts (like in SMF).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Easily?   :-[   :D

Reply #5

Quote from: emanuele – What you can easily do is create a new account and re-assign all the posts (like in SMF).

I did this once on my  elkarte forum and I confirm that it works. You will recover all post published, but not private messages and likes
sorry for my bad english

Reply #6

Yes, personal messages are wiped for good, and likes as well, when the account is deleted.
There is somewhere a discussion about "blocking" the account making it sort of guest, but not delete it in reality. It could be an idea, though personal messages should be deleted anyway IMO.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

Quote from: emanuele – There is somewhere a discussion about "blocking" the account making it sort of guest, but not delete it in reality.
This is similar to facebook accounts. Don't know if worth the effort to implement this into elkarte
Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 05:31:30 am by radu81
sorry for my bad english

Reply #8

Can help to deal with annoying members who have strange mood swings.

Reply #9

Those are usually best left alone. lol
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #10

Quote from: radu81 –
Quote from: emanuele – What you can easily do is create a new account and re-assign all the posts (like in SMF).

I did this once on my  elkarte forum and I confirm that it works.

Can anyone help me with the sql code?

Reply #11

There is no code to do: you create an account from the admin panel, or the user registers an account (or it is already registered), then you go to:
admin > maintenance > forum maintenance > members
and there you have the "reattribute user posts" section, pick the option you prefer and click "reattribute".
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #12

I didn't know there is such an option!  :o  It worked like a charm! Thank you very much! :)