Skip to main content
Topic: [ADDON] SimplePortal (Read 155425 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [ADDON] SimplePortal

Reply #330

Quote from: Ruth – Will the new version of the portal be finished, when ElkArte 1.1. is ready to use, Spuds?
Difficult to say really.  First step is to finish the updates for B2 or maybe call it RC1 since its been in beta for years LOL.  Then I have to make sure it works with 1.1, ..... I have not done any 1.1 testing with it at all.

Quote from: Ruth –
And what is about the portal language files? The "old ones", I am using at the moment, have still some mistakes and parts to change in there. I would like to translate those language-files again into german, if everything is done.

I am asking because since a few days Opera (my favorite browser)  is making a mess with the styling in my forum, ::)  if I use a higher resolution. I have to do a lot of changes in my themes/custom.css now, but I would like to wait until ElkArte 1.1 and the portal ist ready, to install the portal again and to do all necessary changes at the same time, if possible. ;)

I wonder what changed with Opera to cause problems ... Opera is based on Chrome these days so I'm kind of surprised its causing layout issues for you.

Reply #331

Okay...I just wanted to know, Spuds..  ;) So I will wait with working on the language files again until "RC1" is finished.

QuoteI wonder what changed with Opera to cause problems ... Opera is based on Chrome these days so I'm kind of surprised its causing layout issues for you.

I don't understand it also. It has nothing to do with ElkArte 1.0.10, because  my test forum is still running with 1.0.9 and shows the same mistakes since a few days in Opera with my big-sized resolution in browser and PC.  And I see almost the same mistakes here or in Jorins forum. Hardly to see them here, because I have much darker colors in my forums. It is very disturbing there for me.

But first I want to have a look with Opera from the PC/Laptop of my friend, if it will look the same there. I will show a few screenshots in an another topic then. Maybe I did something wrong with my themes/custom.css? But everything in forum is still looking fine in other resolutions, even with Opera.
Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 05:43:54 pm by Ruth

Reply #332

Come on then give me a clue as to why the portal does not work on mobile screens?

I've looked through this thread for the last day going back and forwards and cannot for the life of me get the portal to display on mobile as you can see > http://prntscr.com/fyjfal

I'm using the latest version of Elkarte with SP beta 2, i was using beta 1 until i found the 2nd version in this thread.

QuoteI think you are running Beta 1? ... Mobile view was a two part process, 1) was the "master" switch on the configuration page, and once enabled, you have to go to each "block" and choose to "Show on mobile" or not .... looks like you have the master switch on, but have not selected which blocks you want to show.

I've uninstalled it, deleted the data, reinstalled it, checked for  the "Master" switch and the "Show on mobile" and these settings do not seem to exist.

Ps It works fine on a pc and a tablet screen, it's just this mobile screen i can't seem to figure out so any help or advice to point me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Reply #333

If you have beta 2, you have to set the "visibility profile".
Go to: admin > simple portal > profiles > visibility profile list
there you get a list of all the "visibility profiles", and next to each the number of blocks what have a certain profile.
When you edit a visibility profile, you have a check box "Show on mobile", that, as the name says, will enable all the blocks with that visibility profile on mobile devices. ;D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #334

Quote from: emanuele – If you have beta 2, you have to set the "visibility profile".
Go to: admin > simple portal > profiles > visibility profile list
there you get a list of all the "visibility profiles", and next to each the number of blocks what have a certain profile.
When you edit a visibility profile, you have a check box "Show on mobile", that, as the name says, will enable all the blocks with that visibility profile on mobile devices. ;D

Thanks @emanuele 

I can't believe it was something so simple  ::) I probably looked everywhere except there :P 

Reply #335

It's probably not the first place you get to look at indeed. :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #336

Quote from: live627 – Whenever I try to edit a PHP page (click the tools icon) it gets executed.
Seems to work fine in the latest beta, I must have fixed it at some point or its something with particular settings
Quote from: live627 – Another error

Code: [Select]
8: A non well formed numeric value encountered

Create/edit block
Preview it
Fixed

Quote from: radu81 – a small bug when trying to edit a visibility profile: I created a visibility profile to show a bbc block on my contact page, is working fine, but I don't see the condition query I wrote when I try to edit the profile, it's empty:

Fixed

Reply #337

@spuds I know you are working on a new version of Simple Portal, so you have an idea when it will be ready and compatible with Elkarte 1.1 ?
sorry for my bad english

Reply #338

The simpleportal website has been down for a while. Will it be back online again?

Reply #339

Yep, it's almost a couple of weeks.
That's a good question, I don't have any direct contact with anyone, I know there were some serious problems with the servers (well, it was considered to be fixed, but I guess they are having them again, otherwise I don't understand), I don't know... :-\
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #340

Have a bit of an issue. I uninstalled simple portal and now when I try to access my forum all I get is page with the message "Unable to load the 'Portal' template." which seems a little off since I had just uninstalled it. Any ideas on how to get the forum back?

Reply #341

Quote from: b4pjoe – Have a bit of an issue. I uninstalled simple portal and now when I try to access my forum all I get is page with the message "Unable to load the 'Portal' template." which seems a little off since I had just uninstalled it. Any ideas on how to get the forum back?
Adding ?debug to your site URL should load the site without SimplePortal. Example:

Code: [Select]
domain.tld/index.php?debug

Reply #342

Thanks. That allowed to get back into admin and then got fixed by uninstalling again and re-installing. Guess the first uninstall got messed up somehow.

Reply #343

Made a copy of my site with all addons uninstalled  including SP. Then installed 10.1.1 update. SP now shows lots of errors if I try to install so did not install. Will it be updated to use with 10.1.1?

Reply #344

It will get it updated for 1.1, I'm just just a bit lagging!