Skip to main content
Topic: Contact Us Page (Read 3650 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Contact Us Page

Reply #1

I'm not 100% sure what you mean... (sorry slow brain today lol)

A contact page is already around, do you mean a function similar to the loginout in SSI?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

I was referring as an option to ElkArte users. ie, if install ElkArte, will be nice if I can just set an email ID to receive contact us entires and able to set form fields.

Reply #3

Ohh you mean registered users should be able to use the contact form in addition to non-registered ones?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

An contact form for both, guests and members sounds good. Looks more official as PM to team.

Reply #5

Quote from: emanuele – Ohh you mean registered users should be able to use the contact form in addition to non-registered ones?

Nope. Suppose someone lost his account. He can contact admin either through a new account or contact us page. I used to have Google Docs form embedded for this purpose when I had an SMF forum. So an option to create a page/ link which can act as contact us page/ form.

Reply #6

Ohh... but then the contact page already exists! ;D

If you visit this site as guest you can see the button ("Contact Us") up in the menu.
And it exists in any install, I know it's possible to decide to show it in the registration page only, or in the menu or disable it altogether, but I'm not sure of the default value right now... :-[
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

lol I did not even notice that. Funny though, I remember now that you put this in a long time ago. I just never look at the site as a guest.  :-[
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire!