Skip to main content
Topic: How to embed YouTube  (Read 5056 times) previous topic - next topic

How to embed YouTube

How to embed YouTube ? Help me out please....

Re: How to embed YouTube

Reply #1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10KObAQFmlY

Paste the link. ;)

After you have enabled "Enable auto-embedding of video links" in admin > forum  > Posts and Topics >.Post Settings.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Thanks. But I think we are better off without that border and title.

Reply #3

The beauty of css:
Code: [Select]
.elk_videoheader {
display: none;
}
;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Got it. Index_light.css , also need to set the .elk video  element's border a 0 px.

Reply #6

A small suggestion:
http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=1103.0
this "custom.css" (or even custom_light.css) are there to let you do changes to the aspect of the forum without having to touch the default file.
That way, if for any reason the default css changes you don't have to worry about re-apply the changes. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

Just to note, one nice thing about the way it works is that first shows a clickable preview thumbnail of the video.  Once the image is clicked the video is embeded in to the page to play.  This is a bit less overhead for the page load.

Without the header you can't hide the video, but thats not really very important, and indeed the border is a bit uninspired !

Reply #8

Quote from: Spuds – Without the header you can't hide the video, but thats not really very important, and indeed the border is a bit uninspired !

Err, Sorry if I should not say this, Vanilla does it without header (IIRC).

Reply #9

Quote from: emanuele – A small suggestion:
http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=1103.0
this "custom.css" (or even custom_light.css) are there to let you do changes to the aspect of the forum without having to touch the default file.
That way, if for any reason the default css changes you don't have to worry about re-apply the changes. ;)

Missed that one. Great! I will try to use it with my support board when I upgrade it to ElkArte 1.0.0 the next days.  :)

Reply #10

Yep, it's quite helpful if you want to change few things without having to create a new theme.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #11

Quote from: emanuele – this "custom.css" (or even custom_light.css) are there to let you do changes to the aspect of the forum without having to touch the default file.
I like the idea of having a custom css file ;) Great!
sorry for my bad english