Skip to main content
Topic: [Solved]How to remove redirect page (Read 2995 times) previous topic - next topic

[Solved]How to remove redirect page

On my forums, I have this annoying redirect page. Once I complete a certain action, it takes me to this redirect page, where it says where I am going and the home page URL. It takes 15 - 20 seconds for it to redirect me, and is kind of annoying. Help anyone?

Thanks in advance,
- Sebastian
Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 04:47:52 am by sebagius7110

Re: How to remove redirect page

Reply #1

hmm...
What kind of action are you trying in particular?
Off the top of my head I don't remember many redirects in ElkArte.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

It might be an add-on, but I'm not sure, there is redirects for admin actions and registering, also login. I couldn't find anything is sources/redirect files. SO it might be an add-on, but I don not know which one. I'll have to look at them all

Reply #3

Also, here is a picture of the addons installed:

Remove The External Site One Though.

WAITTTTTT, I think it was that one. Lol whoops, ill remove it now.
Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 04:39:50 am by sebagius7110

Reply #4

Does this software include Redirect.integrate.php and controlers etc.

Reply #5

Also, whenever I try to uninstall an add-on, it always states that there is an error in the package, and for uninstalling, it wants to execute installing things.

Reply #6

Redirect.integrate.php and Redirect.controller.php are from the redirect external websites addon.
It may be a bug in that addon, I tested it, but I may have missed something...

Quote from: sebagius7110 – Also, whenever I try to uninstall an add-on, it always states that there is an error in the package, and for uninstalling, it wants to execute installing things.
What kind of error exactly?
Could you take a screenshot?
If you got it even with the redirect to external websites addon then it may be some permissions/ownership problem with the files.
In this specific case (redirect to external websites addon) you may just ignore these errors and uninstall, it would remove the hooks from the database and that would be enough to remove the addon (leaving some files behind, but that can be left in place or removed via ftp).
In other cases it may not be true (for addons that modify "core" files, even though that are very few, there are some), so feel free to ask in case of doubts. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: [Solved]How to remove redirect page

Reply #7

I have gotten it with 2 addons so far, I'll screenshot and edit this post. Ok, only 1 addon which edits database.php. is ok, but rest have this error:

I kind of uninstall it 'illegally' bye deleting the files it added off my server, but I only do this if it didn't modify any source code. But obsessively, it wont show that the add-on in uninstalled.

Reply #8

It would be better to name the addon that are giving you problems, so that I (or anyone else) can try them and see exactly what the problem is and give you better responses. ;D

Regarding the error, in the same page of the error, it should show a list of "actions", a screenshot of that list would be very informative (I forgot to mention that detail before, sorry ;)).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #9

Ok, I think its just permissions problems, because it says Modification parse error.
Also, actually, not all add-ons have this problem, my mistake.
Also, no actions menu.