Skip to main content
Topic: Image resizer in editor (Read 3834 times) previous topic - next topic

Image resizer in editor

Will there be an image resize ( by mouse drag ) feature in editor in 1.1 ?

Re: Image resizer in editor

Reply #2

Yes, I remember seeing those threads. You did hint about using a new version of current editor and may be, even a possible replacement of editor due to lack of development in current one. I was just checking the status. :)

Reply #3

I also noticed that in the 1.1 version of elkarte you can set width and height for images inserted with IMG. Not exactly waht you are asking but good to know there is something similar

elk1-1-image-editor.png
sorry for my bad english

Reply #4

This site is running 1.1, right ?

Screenshot from 2016-07-19 21-08-19.png

Reply #5

yep, I took this screenshot here, on elkarte.net ;)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #6

meetdilip you are using the "normal" editor, while radu is showing you the WYSIWYG. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

What I was asking was drag and resize option as in SCEditor demo link in the other thread. It is an useful feature in Redactor.

Reply #8

I got what you were asking.

I answered to your screenshot:
^^ This image is a screen of the non-WYSIWYG editor.

^^ This is the WYSIWYG editor.

Both are SCEditor, in other cases the way you are using it is.... let's say "source mode"?
In "source mode" you don't have any "drag-to-resize", not even in other editors. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #9

I did switch to WYSIWYG mode. Still not there. You can check the link in other thread. There is drag and resize in the demo editor they give. But it is not here.

Reply #10

This one should be enabled @meetdilip‍ 

Reply #11

Yes, I did that @radu81

Are you able to use drag to resize option within editor ?

Reply #12

No, there is nobody able to drag and resize because in the current elkarte implementation of SCEditor it doesn't work.
It works in the original SCEditor, but not in ElkArte. Don't ask me why, I don't know.

What radu said is:
Quote from: radu81 – you can set width and height for images inserted with IMG. Not exactly waht you are asking but good to know there is something similar
This function is available with the WYSIWYG editor when you click on the button to insert an image.

Are we all on the same track now? :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #13

Got it. But my original question was intended to check about drag to resize. Any chance it will land on 1.1 in later stages ?