Skip to main content
Topic: Editor bug! (Read 2820 times) previous topic - next topic

Editor bug!

Hi there!

I have managed to get personal messages and post replies to send email notifications to my users now. :)

But, now I have two other bugs on the forum. See attachment.

Furthermore, when I type in recipients, no names pop up, as if I don't have 56 members already. They do not become selectable when I type their names in the To: field.

Can anyone help me? I am using the Silence theme, but it was the same in the other themes too.

Thanks for a quick reply!

Re: Editor bug!

Reply #1

I use 1.0.9, btw since it was the one available when I hit "download".

Reply #2

Are there any errors in the browsers console?  That select list is driven by javascript, works fine on a plain 1.0.9 with default theme.  Could be a problem with the silence theme (I need to review that and make some updates).

Reply #3

The problem is definitely not the Silence theme. See attachment. Any other ideas? :)

Reply #4

Can you send me a link and a test ID?

Reply #5

I sent you another PM on this, but wanted to post it here as well just in case others face this.

Your server is indicating that it is running PHP/7.0.15

ElkArte 1.0.9 is not compatable with that, and I recall that was one of the areas fixed in 1.0.10.   1.0.10 is due out very soon and anyone running under php 7 will need this version.

Reply #6

The issue with the names not appearing was solved by downgrading to PHP 5,6. However, the toolbox is still not appearing, so I contacted my web provder's customer service:

Customer service
Thanks for your message, please wait a moment while our agents attend to you.
We apologize for keeping you waiting. Our operators are busy right now,  but somebody will be with you in a moment.
Roma joined the chat
Roma
Hi Auctor Lucan! Thank you for using One.com 24/7 Interactive Online Support. My name is Roma.
How may I assist you today?
Auctor Lucan

Hi there!
I have set up an Elkarte forum on my site
And even if I downgrade to PHP 5,6, I  have a javascript error
It manifests itself in how a post editor, a toolbox, on top of the windows where you write PMs or posts does not load properly
I have switched on PUP error messages, more than 20 minutes ago
PHP Error*
Roma
Please hold on while I check.
Auctor Lucan
uss-theurgy.com is the domain
I get no error log even when switched on. But I do get an error log on a wiki site I also have on my domain, showing at the top of the page

Roma
Please hold on while I check.

Auctor Lucan
nod nod

Roma
In order to display the error, or  check the exact error, please enable debug mode for Elkarte forum. If you do not know where to enable it, it is suggested for you to contact their support. Once you have the error or error logs, please get back to us

Auctor Lucan
Debug
I am being bounced between you and Elkarte all the time now
Am I t understand you have not found th ebug yet?
I to* the bug*

Roma
Can't find anything yet, even you enabled PHP error, there is a setting in your forum which will enable the debug mode and might provide clearer information why you encounter the issue.

Auctor Lucan
sighs
I have been at this for 3 hours now.

Roma
I understand you, but please do understand as well that we cannot debug anything without errors, specifically if the software is not created by us, it is a third party software

- End conversation with web provider

Is there a debug mode? I have tried to switched off and on the BB Code in the settings, all tags enabled. Hope someone can help me.

Reply #7

I fixed the issue on your site.  The editor was working fine (i.e. you could use all the BBC codes, but the buttons were not appearing).  It took me a bit, but there is a setting under Theme Settings -> Show BBC Buttons on Posting and PM Send Pages.  This was not checked so the editor was not displaying the buttons.  No idea why that is a setting at all, but hey ho there ya go.

Reply #8

Spuds, you are a saving angel. Thank you so much for your hard work and I am glad all the hours spent on this weren't in vain.

Everyone, give this genius a big round of applause! :)

Reply #9

Quote from: Spuds – It took me a bit, but there is a setting under Theme Settings -> Show BBC Buttons on Posting and PM Send Pages.  This was not checked so the editor was not displaying the buttons.  No idea why that is a setting at all, but hey ho there ya go.
I completely forgot about that one...
 emanuele votes for dropping it. O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #10

tracked for removal :D