Skip to main content
Topic: Attachment error causes page creation to stop (Read 1879 times) previous topic - next topic

Attachment error causes page creation to stop

1.1RC1 A member on the big forum pointed out an issue with one of his threads.  Near the bottom of the page is this message:

Code: [Select]
fopen(/var/.../web/attachments/190730_626dcecab1dbe0507cb759b38f369712aaeb62f4.elk): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Searching through the attachments folder manually, sure enough the file does not exist.  It has gotten corrupted/missing during the host transfer or server error or something along those lines.  It must have happened quite some time ago as it does not exist in my PC backup either.  Oh well.  The member could probably edit and replace the pic.  However, an apparent side effect is there are several posts which cannot be displayed as a result of the error stopping the page creation. 

Could some type of error handling be used to work around the problem?  If a file doesn't exist it would be desirable to still see the posts.  Thanks!!   8)
Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 10:42:43 pm by badmonkey

Re: Attachment error causes page creation to stop

Reply #1

Could you try the attached file?
It has some logging around the fopen I feel could be the cause.
When uploaded, try to open the topic and then check the error log to see if any of "checkImageContents", "resizeImageFile" or "imagecreatefrombmp" is there.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

edit

That file works eman.  The page loads, and there is a message in the forum error log.  Thanks!!   ;)
Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 09:03:51 pm by badmonkey

Reply #3

But what does the message say? ;)
I need to know to understand where the error actually is and fix it. :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Oh, yeah.  You know I'm a dummy half the time.  And not too bright the other half.  ;D

It says "resizeImageFile".