Skip to main content
Topic: how to embed an IRC chatroom IFrame into my forum (Read 5285 times) previous topic - next topic

how to embed an IRC chatroom IFrame into my forum

Hi everyone.

i want to add IRC chatroom IFrame into my forum as i said because it's a private community and the members just can't give up chatting on whatsapp group.. so they forget about the community.. i had the idea to add a IRC chatting room and i want to know if anyone have done it before or has an idea on how to do it in elkarte????

if there is no way then why not thinking of adding this feature!
Wiseouz / Ouzy Apps / BlenderHive

Re: how to embed an IRC chatroom IFrame into my forum

Reply #1

There's an Ajax Chat mod for Elk floating around out there.  Works great on 1.0.  If you use it on 1.1 just access the chat through the /talk directory rather than /chat.

Reply #2

I need to add that to the addon site, I keep forgetting that its around.

Anyway .. Topic .. http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=2929.0

Download .. http://scaricare.de/index.php/downloads/kategorien/download/10-elkarte-einsnull/7-elkarte-ajax-chat

Reply #3

Thank you @badmonkey and @Spuds i added the addon and installed succesfully but its didnt work correctly.. i uninstalled it then i tried to install it again and its gives me this error!!

Table 'elqy_chat_online' already exists
File: /home/piraawfw/public_html/domain/packages/temp/install.php
Line: 31

Note: Your database version is 1.0.9.

how to fix that? i tried deleting the install.php file from the file manager but it's didnt work

Reply #4

Easy fix!  Manually delete that table from your database.  Reinstall and hopefully you'll be good to go. 

Reply #5

Quote from: badmonkey – Easy fix!  Manually delete that table from your database.  Reinstall and hopefully you'll be good to go. 

i deleted the file manually but it's still giving me the same error.. the addon made modifications to alot of files..
do you specifficaly know what to delete?? im confused!

Reply #6

Its referring to a table inside of your site database, so you need some way to drop that table (such as phpmyadmin  etc). 

Alternatively you can unzip the chat package and find the file remove.php ... copy that file to your site, placing it in the same directory as SSI.php (this should be the root of your site)  Then from your browser go to  http://your.site.here/remove.php ... that should drop the table its complaining about.  Then delete that file.

Looking at the addon, it should have removed that database table when you uninstalled it, so I'm not sure what happened.

Reply #7

Quote from: Spuds – Its referring to a table inside of your site database, so you need some way to drop that table (such as phpmyadmin  etc). 

Alternatively you can unzip the chat package and find the file remove.php ... copy that file to your site, placing it in the same directory as SSI.php (this should be the root of your site)  Then from your browser go to  http://your.site.here/remove.php ... that should drop the table its complaining about.  Then delete that file.

Looking at the addon, it should have removed that database table when you uninstalled it, so I'm not sure what happened.

Finally!! Thank you so much @Spuds  i've been trying the whole day to fix that probleme.. im still learning here :D

Now it is installed again and i have this probleme.. chatbot keep sending this particular message every four seconds.. do anyone have an idea what it's could be?
"ChatBot: Erreur : Statut de connexion: 500"

Thank you everyone for your help!

Reply #8

Are you using nginx?

Reply #9

No i dont? do i need it?
how to use it? i have no idea on that.

Reply #10

IIRC 500 could mean mod_security?
Are you on a shared hosting or a vsp? (The vps is not needed for elk, I'm just excluding possibilities ;))
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #11

Quote from: emanuele – IIRC 500 could mean mod_security?
Are you on a shared hosting or a vsp? (The vps is not needed for elk, I'm just excluding possibilities ;))

I found the solution.. i changed the permission for talk/index.php to 755 and taraaa
Thank you soooo much for your help! :D :D :D

Reply #12

Permissions! :D
You have to give them permission to chat. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #13

Quote from: emanuele – Permissions! :D
You have to give them permission to chat. ;)

Hahah yes i just figured it out.. it was a dumb question Lol!

Reply #14

Quote from: Ouzrar –
Quote from: badmonkey – Are you using nginx?

No i dont? do i need it?
how to use it? i have no idea on that.

Glad you have it resolved.  Not that it matters much at this point, but to answer your questions, and for the sake of anyone who may read this in the future,

It isn't required.  But I ran into a configuration issue running nginx once which gave symptoms you described.  Everything worked fine except the chat.