Skip to main content
Topic: HELP: The Problems I Encountered Using ElkArte (Read 8775 times) previous topic - next topic

HELP: The Problems I Encountered Using ElkArte

I'm about to launch my stories/poems forum using the ElkArte software on Wednesday.
But I have a few issues that I need help with.

1. In Ucbrowser (Nokia 110) the words are written in the centre instead of left and this makes one to scroll down alot (problem wasn't encountered in Opera Mini).

2. I think the images that represent login and registration when you use an Opera mini to visit an ElkArte should be converted to text because new guests wouldn't understand what they stand for.

3. If I try uploading an attachment using Ucbrowser, my entire message body will be cleared and still no attachment.

4. When posting sometimes my message body gets clear without me trying to upload and attachment using UCbrowser.

5. There are no sub menu like addonsettings and the rest (maybe because of phone, I don't really know.

These are all for now.

The site is www.encafe.com.ng , so I'm expecting a reply.

Re: HELP: The Problems I Encountered Using ElkArte

Reply #1

Hello and welcome. :)

Quote from: Encafe – 1. In Ucbrowser (Nokia 110) the words are written in the centre instead of left and this makes one to scroll down alot (problem wasn't encountered in Opera Mini).
Where exactly?
I tried with my phone, but it seems to look good:
Screenshot_2017-07-09-14-16-14.png

Quote from: Encafe – 2. I think the images that represent login and registration when you use an Opera mini to visit an ElkArte should be converted to text because new guests wouldn't understand what they stand for.
You can do something like this in your index.css:
Code: [Select]
#button_login .button_title, #button_register .button_title {
    display: inline-block;
    margin-left: .5em;
    margin-top: 0.5em;
    float: left;
}
#button_login a::before, #button_register a::before {
    visibility: hidden;
    width: 0;
}

Quote from: Encafe – 3. If I try uploading an attachment using Ucbrowser, my entire message body will be cleared and still no attachment.

4. When posting sometimes my message body gets clear without me trying to upload and attachment using UCbrowser.
These seems issues with some javascript function associated with either the editor or the drafts saving.
Honestly I don't know what it could go wrong with the specific browser, and I'm not really able to give any valuable advice. Maybe Spuds has some idea.

Quote from: Encafe – 5. There are no sub menu like addonsettings and the rest (maybe because of phone, I don't really know.
In all browsers or just UC?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Quote from: emanuele – Hello and welcome. :)

Quote from: Encafe – 1. In Ucbrowser (Nokia 110) the words are written in the centre instead of left and this makes one to scroll down alot (problem wasn't encountered in Opera Mini).
Where exactly?
I tried with my phone, but it seems to look good:
[attach]4874[/attach]

Quote from: Encafe – 2. I think the images that represent login and registration when you use an Opera mini to visit an ElkArte should be converted to text because new guests wouldn't understand what they stand for.
You can do something like this in your index.css:
}
}

Quote from: Encafe – 3. If I try uploading an attachment using Ucbrowser, my entire message body will be cleared and still no attachment.

These seems issues with some javascript function associated with either the editor or the drafts saving.
Honestly I don't know what it could go wrong with the specific browser, and I'm not really able to give any valuable advice. Maybe Spuds has some idea.

Quote from: Encafe – 5. There are no sub menu like addonsettings and the rest (maybe because of phone, I don't really know.
In all browsers or just UC?

The number one problem seems to be because of my screen size and Ucbrowser..
It was okay on Opera Mini.

Which code exactly should I remove and paste the new one.

Well, looking at your reply.
The number 3,4,5 problems are because of UCBrowser, it's just that it's my favourite browser.

Reply #3

Quote from: Encafe – The number one problem seems to be because of my screen size and Ucbrowser..
What's your screen size?

Quote from: Encafe – Which code exactly should I remove and paste the new one.
I forgot to tell. lol
Actually, (and this is even better) you can create via ftp a file named "custom.css" and save it in "themes/default/css".
Then in this file you put:
@media screen and (max-width: 50em) {
}
}
}
And that should do.

Quote from: Encafe – The number 3,4,5 problems are because of UCBrowser, it's just that it's my favourite browser.
I understand, I too use a browser that I prefer over the others and has always some issue. lol
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Screensize: 128*160.
I will try the code, thanks for your response.

Reply #5

The truth is I can't code a css file, so it's better for you to tell me which code to edit in index.css.

Reply #6

You have just to create an empty text file, CSS has nothing fancy.
What do you use to access ftp? FileZilla?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

Quote from: emanuele – You have just to create an empty text file, CSS has nothing fancy.
What do you use to access ftp? FileZilla?

realwap.net/ftp

Reply #8

Are you accessing to it from your mobile phone?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #10

Sorry, but now I'm getting curious.
How did you manage to install ElkArte?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #11

Quote from: emanuele – Sorry, but now I'm getting curious.
How did you manage to install ElkArte?

Via Softaculous in my cpanel.

Reply #12

Please help me, tell me which code to edit.

Reply #13

I'm still waiting.

Reply #14

Please be patient! We all have a life.  ;)

I am sure someone will help you when this person has some time for it. Till this happens you have to wait, sorry. It will not help if you push your thread every few hours. I know boards where you would be warned because of such a behaviour.  :-X

Besides... Emanuele posted the code a few hours before:

@media screen and (max-width: 50em) {
}
}
}

Put this into a file called custom.css and copy it then on your server, as Emanuele told you before.  ;)