Skip to main content
Topic: [borderline] Receive personal messages from (Read 4030 times) previous topic - next topic

[borderline] Receive personal messages from

Not sure if bug or feature.

At the moment the "Receive personal messages from" is limited to PMs, I think it would make sense to apply it to emails too.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: [borderline] Receive personal messages from

Reply #1

I can see it but... for emails there's another setting after all.
The best moment for testing your PR is right after you merge it. Can't miss with that one.

Reply #2

Isn't it a all-or-nothing the current one for emails?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

You're right, allow or not.

Well, IMHO if emails receivals should be per buddy etc, then the setting on emails is the one to be tweaked, in particular since it's available since registration afaik. Can't have two places to set permission to send you emails methinks... they could contradict each other (not to mention you won't know which is active).

That said, it does make sense... though I don't remember it being a problem.
The best moment for testing your PR is right after you merge it. Can't miss with that one.

Reply #4

I mentioned because someone was asking about something similar (i.e. I want to decide which user should be able to send me emails).

Yep, my idea was more that the option should be something like "allow members to contact me": always, all except ignore, only members in my buddy, never.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

8) Sounds consistent methinks.

Reply #6

https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/pull/902

Opinions on where to have the setting are welcome! :D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.