Skip to main content
Topic: Missing Icons (Read 3690 times) previous topic - next topic

Missing Icons

I'm not sure if this is one you will care about, but I'll put it out there anyway.  For accessibility reasons I have firefox set to not allow pages to override my font selections.  This breaks a lot of the default theme as you're pulling a lot of the icons from the font you load and they're not available so I get a missing glyph sign where there should be an icon.  This becomes especially true when the reponsive theme drops into mobile / narrow column mode.

Re: Missing Icons

Reply #1

This is actually one of the well known drawbacks of using fonts for icons, along with browseer compatibility and extra bandwidth. Not that it helps, but a lot of websites are probably broken for you so it's not going to change your life. ;)

Reply #2

Yeah thus the reason I don't expect this one will get fixed of even regarded as a bug.  Still figure I'll let people know.

Reply #3

mmm... That's not so nice...
It would be nice to have an image as fallback, but I don't know if it is possible... :-\
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

I dont think there's a proper workaround. If you disallow loading images you have the same issue with images..
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #5

I suspect more people override font settings than disallow images.  But as Nao pointed out lots of sites are somewhat broken when you don't allow them to use their own fonts.   (Especially when you insist on larger font sizes.)

Reply #6

And don't even get me started on users that disable js! ;)

Reply #7

emanuele whistles innocently
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #8

Disable js you say?  Sounds vaguely familiar.  ;)

Reply #9

I think this is related to what @Antechinus was saying somewhere in the last days... can't find the topic again... lol
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #10

What was I saying? :D
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #11

Well, I think with 1.1 we have dropped (or at least started to drop) using FA for icons in favour of SVG images, so this one could be considered somehow "fixes" (or in the process to be).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.