Skip to main content
Topic: "Share" button can contain social network sharing (Read 2556 times) previous topic - next topic

"Share" button can contain social network sharing

The Share button that can be found on post display pages (index.php?action=emailuser;sa=sendtopic;topic=xxx) would be a good place to have social network sharing options instead of just having email sharing.
I don't know if it would work better as a main feature or as an add-on. Opinions?

Re: "Share" button can contain social network sharing

Reply #1

nods
It has been discussed a bit in the past: http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=474.0
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Oh nice. Well at least it's been discussed, that's progress. I was just thinking to myself that this was one of the more useless feature of SMF and in all the 9 years I've used SMF, I've never used this feature.

Reply #3

lol
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

The current buttons implementation  is pretty useless in this day of social media, needs to be updated.

Reply #5

good thing that i search first before creating request. :D any updates?

currently i'm using addthis, while it fast enough and i'm not seeing any differences in speed/performance. but when i analyzed my web page using pingdom fpt it surprised me, addthis script is 200KB while my forum size still under 200KB! half of my page size is from social media sharing button.
192.MY.ID: Forum ISP Indonesia.

Reply #6

Unfortunately I'd say no updates... :(
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.