Skip to main content
Topic: 1.0.10 Image orientation still working? (Read 2302 times) previous topic - next topic

1.0.10 Image orientation still working?

I did the update to 1.0.10 a few days ago and I noticed that images are not automatically rotated. Do you also have this problem? 
You can test it using these images https://github.com/recurser/exif-orientation-examples

During the update there was an error with Graphics.subs.php, so I did not apply the patch, I downloaded a copy of Graphics.subs.php from elkarte 1.0.9 and then I installed the patch to 1.0.10 without any kind of errors. After the update the images are not rotated anymore, so I solved by using the old Graphics.subs.php that I have edited manually and is ok now.

I am wondering if this is a bug inserted into 1.0.10 or it was only me having this problem? If could be useful I can attach both Graphics.subs,php. On this website images are correctly rotated.
sorry for my bad english

Re: 1.0.10 Image orientation still working?

Reply #1

@Spuds I don't remember if image orientation was added to 1.0.10, do you remember?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Yes it should be in 1.0.10, both GD and Imagick routines ... there is also an ACP setting in attachments that needs to be "checked" to enable the function.  .10 added the GD+Exif capability and the on/off switch. 

If its not working, make sure its enabled in the ACP

Reply #3

Image orientation was inserted into elkarte 1.0.5 if I remember well, I did not checked the ACP settings so probably was not working for this reason. I will update the Graphics.subs.php with the latest one included into 1.0.10.

Thanks for your help ;)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #4

emanuele is not exactly keeping up with development lol
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

updated Graphics.subs.php with the one included into 1.0.10 and activated the option Detect and fix improperly rotated images. Perfect!  :D
sorry for my bad english