Skip to main content
Topic: Cookiebar logoff - no login possible (Read 2524 times) previous topic - next topic

Cookiebar logoff - no login possible

I am using Cookiebar on my board:

https://cookie-bar.eu/

For a test I clicked on the button "Disallow Cookies". I was logged out then. When I try to login again, I get this error message:

QuoteCannot verify your session. Try to log out and log in again.

I can't login any more. Help please!  :o

@Ruth had the same problem with a member of her board. She tried to delete all of the saved cookies, but still the error. She tried to reinstall her browser, still the error. She uses another browser now.

Is this a problem of ElkArte or a problem of the script? I could contact the script author...

Re: Cookiebar logoff - no login possible

Reply #1

I guess you have to clean up your cookies...
On at least some browsers (i.e. chrome) you can find the cookies set for each website and delete them one by one, without affecting the other logins or info you have around.
What browser do you use?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

It happened with IE 11. Yep, cleaning up the cookies worked, I am logged in now. But Ruth had another experience, at her board this didn't work.

Shouldn't the script delete all the boards cookies? It seems this didn't work, right?

Reply #3

We deleted all the cookies in IE 11 but not her passwords - maybe this is the reason why it did not work.

My member has to use IE 9 now, otherwise she can not log in or out with her PC and IE

Reply #4

Honestly I have no idea.
The "bar" seems to rely on cookies it self, so deleting them should clean up everything. Maybe the member of your forum did not delete the "correct" cookie. I don't know.
Anyway the website says in 30 days the cookie expires, so in 30 days it should really be gone.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Quote from: emanuele – The "bar" seems to rely on cookies it self, so deleting them should clean up everything.

Yes, it does. ;)  I will see the cookie bar again, if I delete the cache in browser...with any browser.

It is a bit strange what happened for my member with IE 11.
We also tried a second, new account for her with another password of course,
but it was still the same error on her pc and with IE 11.

Reply #6

Cache and cookies are two different things. (Just to be sure we are talking about the same thing. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

Yes, I know, Emanuele...
I don't know the english words for it, sorry

Jorin deleted more of this stuff today in his browser  as my member did a few weeks ago.

Reply #9

I don't know. As long as my visitors are only german that's no point.