Skip to main content
Topic: Ads are not showing using the ElkArte ads addon (Read 3498 times) previous topic - next topic

Ads are not showing using the ElkArte ads addon

I have been trying to place advert on my forum since yesterday but it's not displaying using the simple ads addon. Or the addon didn't support all ads code. This is the code I want to place on the forum.

<!-- MarketGidComposite Start -->
<div id="MarketGidScriptRootC43692">
    <div id="MarketGidPreloadC43692">
        <a id="mg_add43692" href="http://mgid.com/advertisers/?utm_source=widget&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=add" target="_blank">Place your ad here[/url]
        <a href="http://mgid.com/" target="_blank">Loading...[/url]   
    </div>
    <script>
                (function(){
            var D=new Date(),d=document,b='body',ce='createElement',ac='appendChild',st='style',ds='display',n='none',gi='getElementById';
            var i=d[ce]('iframe');i[st][ds]=n;d[gi]("MarketGidScriptRootC43692")[ac](i);try{var iw=i.contentWindow.document;iw.open();iw.writeln("<ht"+"ml><bo"+"dy></bo"+"dy></ht"+"ml>");iw.close();var c=iw;}
            catch(e){var iw=d;var c=d[gi]("MarketGidScriptRootC43692");}var dv=iw[ce]('div');dv.id="MG_ID";dv[st][ds]=n;dv.innerHTML=43692;c[ac](dv);
            var s=iw[ce]('script');s.async='async';s.defer='defer';s.charset='utf-8';s.src="//jsc.mgid.com/b/a/baze2shot.com.43692.js?t="+D.getYear()+D.getMonth()+D.getDate()+D.getHours();c[ac](s);})();
    </script>
</div>
<!-- MarketGidComposite End -->

Please tell me what to do.
Keep learning to become a legend

Re: Ads are not showing using the ElkArte ads addon

Reply #1

Is it the one at the top, just below the linktree?
If so it shows up just fine here.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

No I place the code in the direction through Configuration» addon settings» miscellaneous» Add content below linktree:

It's not working using the simple ads addon

Reply #3

I can see the add with add block off once enabled I can't see it. Check your adblock if you have one.

Reply #4

How to locate the ad block?

Reply #5

It should be a browser setting, what browser are you using?

Reply #6

Have use mozilla, chrome and ucbrowser

Reply #7

Let me see if I understood correctly: you have simple ads ( http://addons.elkarte.net/feature/Simple-Ads.html ) installed, then in the page:

you are adding the code you posted above setting to show below the menu, you select all the member groups to see the ad, and you save it, right?

Then you do not see the AD yourself.
What I see from here is what is in the attachment. Is it what it should be?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #8

Quote from: baze2shot – No I place the code in the direction through Configuration» addon settings» miscellaneous» Add content below linktree:
There is no setting for the ads in that area. To add your ad you need to do it through AdminCP > Forum> Simple Ads > Add ads
sorry for my bad english

Reply #9

Check my settings

Reply #10

And this

Reply #11

:D  :D  :D  ;) you guys are amazing, am happy to be part of this great community. It's now working, I set it under my post. I will fully start work on my forum now. Cheers.
But one more thing, how can I edit the help in the menu?

Reply #12

Quote from: baze2shot – But one more thing, how can I edit the help in the menu?
Depends "how much" you want to edit it.
If you just want to reword it, the text are in Manual.english.php (or the language you are using).
If you want to add pieces... again, sort of depends how much you want to add/change. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.