Skip to main content
Topic: [Theme] Borderworld (Read 2551 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [Theme] Borderworld

Reply #30
Been a while since I looked at this one.  Let me take a look tomorrow and let you know whats best there.   I can't remember if I update the first post with the latest, probably did but can't remember for sure  :-[
“The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?” – Jack Sparrow

Re: [Theme] Borderworld

Reply #31
I have downloaded this theme and find no problems with login/register, or Search.  It appears to be working great !
Be sure you have the latest, I think what was in this thread is it, but to be sure get this one: https://github.com/Spuds/Elk_Theme_BorderWorld/releases/download/1.0.0/borderworld.zip
I would like to change the background and the menu colors from blues to yellows. 
This theme should install a new directory in your /themes directory as /themes/Borderworld  Those are the files you will need to edit to change the colors, etc,i ndex_besocial.css has no effect on this theme.

Currently there is only one variant _redblue most of the colors should be in those css files.  The background pattern is in images _redblue directory, there are some additional patterns in there if you wanted to experiment.

So for example in /themes/Borderworld /css/_redblue you will find the index_redblue.css file, if you want to change the background
Code: [Select]
html {
background: #55728B;
background: url(../../images/_redblue/geo6.png) repeat scroll 0 0 #55728B;
}
the color is the hex 55728B, which is that wedge wood blue, change that to a yellow color instead.  You can also try some of the other geo# patterns in the images dir, I left a few for experimentation.

You can also create your own variant file, by copying them to a _yellowred (or whatever you like), so you would then have a  /themes/Borderworld /css/_yellowred directory.  You can then make that available by adding that to the /themes/Borderworld/index.template.php file to the 'theme_variants' line.   This keeps the current intact and lets you experiment.
Also would like to remove the title in the header and only have the logo.  Would I make the change in the index_besocial.css file ?
If you don't want the title, don't add on in the themes options (Site slogan) for this theme.  Those settings are under admin->configuration->theme management->theme settings from that page, select the Borderworld settings.  That should just leave the logo.
“The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?” – Jack Sparrow