Skip to main content
Topic: ElkArte-Hilfe.de (Read 8177 times) previous topic - next topic

ElkArte-Hilfe.de

Yippie, a showroom!  :D

So here it is. I started a little project about ElkArte. As I am planning to migrate to Elk I thought it might be helpful for my users to have a little manual how to use Elk and how to use the new functions and possibilities the software provides. So I wrote ElkArte - Erste Schritte - still WIP - and gave it a nice, elegant design. No bling-bling, just informations and knowledge. Then I started ElkArte-Hilfe.de, a static page with general information about ElkArte. There you find a list of functions, screenshots of some pages, the actual version and the release date and some links.

Finally I created a german speaking support forum for it, which you can find here.

It uses the light default theme with only a different color, new board icons and without round edges. I really like the look the light variant offers. The boards are categorized for three types of users: administrators using Elk, developers writing addons and themes (they have their own user group and only they can start topics in the development boards, but everyone can answer then), and normal users which use Elk in forums they visit. Maybe they have questions too?  ;)

I started a Google+ site for my project too where I link to interesting topics in my forum.

So much for now. When I have migrated my car forum to ElkArte, I will start a new topic for that. Thanks for your time!  ;)
Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 01:37:22 am by Jorin
Run, bug, run! I will find you!
My ElkArte: Forum für alternative Antriebe

Re: ElkArte-Hilfe.de

Reply #2

WOW !!  That is simply fantastic !

Reply #3

Thank you, Spuds.  O:-)

Reply #4

I don't understand a word in german, but there is Google Translate. You did a nice job, congrats!
sorry for my bad english

Reply #5

Thanks!

Reply #6

I spoke with @TE the last days about having one german support site for ElkArte instead of two, as it is for the moment. I planned this before I started my page in the past, but it didn't happen. But now TE and me are talking about this "problem" and we think we will find a way. I am proud to announce that http://www.elkarte.de will soon be united with http://elkarte-hilfe.de. Our both boards will be united too.

Thank you, TE, for making this happen!  :)

I soon will revise my site and board to be ready for hundreds and thousands of users.  ;D  I will show the results here then.

Reply #7

Made a few changes today.  :)

At first I changed the design, away from the elegant, but uninspiring greenish thing back to a blue I had with my SMF support site for eight years. Thank goodness the new admin uses another theme right now (a Batman theme, that's so professional!) so I can use "my" old color scheme with my ElkArte support board.  :D  Made a new header too, with a new modern logo using the same colors. It is small so the header isn't using to much space.

Attached are some wayback machine snapshots of my old support board from the year 2007. We did spend a lot of time for this board, we wanted to make it look very professional and easy to use. We had a very nice 3D effect on mouseover with the menu buttons. God, that was such a fantastic time with the best team possible, users who could say "thank you" (most today can't)... Sometimes I miss these times.  :-[

Back to ElkArte... My board now shows the ten latest topics on top. This is a feature a lot of users wanted at all my boards. And I mostly do what my users want.  ;)

Last but not least I changed the structure of the categories and boards. Till today I had three main support categories: ElkArte for admins (installation, updates, features, etc.), ElkArte for developers (where they could show their themes and addons) and ElkArte for users (for answering questions of simple users of ElkArte. Now I don't differ anymore between admins and users. I kept the boards for developers. Only members of the developer user group can start topics in these boards to show their addons and themes and give support for them. I think the new structure is a more traditional one. Maybe a better one too.  ;)

Here's the link to the updated german support board:

http://support.elkarte-hilfe.de

Reply #8

Thanks for posting the wayback pictures, that was a good looking site !

Great work you have done on the new site, the latest topics on top is a nice touch.

Reply #9

Indeed! I'd love to see the latest to top as an addon. :)
I can't read the site, but I love the design. Great work!

Reply #10

From someone who always deeply hated any 1.1 themes (especially Core, puah)... SMF, good job! Even I like that theme! I was so I like fish fingers and custard. when I read the version number :P
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #11

Great job! :D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #12

Quote from: Spuds – Thanks for posting the wayback pictures, that was a good looking site !

Thank you. It was indeed.  ;)

Well, it is described anywhere in this thread:

http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=2033.0

Quote from: Burke Knight – I can't read the site, but I love the design. Great work!

Thank you!  :)

Quote from: Flavio93Zena – From someone who always deeply hated any 1.1 themes (especially Core, puah)... SMF, good job! Even I like that theme! I was so I like fish fingers and custard. when I read the version number :P

Oh, I am honored!  :-[  :)

Thank you!  :)

Reply #13

Today I changed the color scheme for ElkArte-Hilfe.de to be the same as used with the support board. And we have now a new, custom made favicon!  :D

Reply #14

Nice favicon! :D
And the color scheme too, very, very nice!
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.