Skip to main content
Topic: ElkArte 1.1 beta 1 - Release announcement (Read 4479 times) previous topic - next topic

ElkArte 1.1 beta 1 - Release announcement

The ElkArte Community is pleased to announce that the first beta release of ElkArte 1.1 is now available. This beta release is made available to allow a broad user base to test and evaluate the first minor update of ElkArte but is not recommended for production use at this stage.

In order to help us release ElkArte, users of the beta release are encouraged to report any bugs, issues or errors at our GitHub Issue Tracker.

If you are nervous about reporting bugs through the formal bug reporting system, you can simply report your issues to our user community at ElkArte.net.

We look forward to receiving your feedback on this beta release of ElkArte!

Download the package from:
https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/releases/tag/v1.1.0-beta.1

Some instruction
Starting from 1.1 the install and upgrade packages have been unified[1], so the same package will be used for both install a new version and upgrade an existing version.
Of course, do not try to upgrade a live forum, as stated earlier this is a development version, so you should use it for testing only. Of course if you are brave enough to use it live... well pay attention it can have bugs. The amount  is currently not sure.
Considering for 1.0 there was no upgrade it's not exactly correct say "starting from", but who cares. :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: ElkArte 1.1 beta 1 - Release announcement

Reply #1

--> Insert some yay, good job comments here, I spent all day doing manual work and I'm too tired for those xD <--

Quote from: emanuele – If you are nervous about reporting bugs
"Uncomfortable", or "unsure", or "not used to". "Nervous" is very rarely used to mean "unsure" or "anxious" (although it really can be used for that).
I generally don't care about spelling so much, but since it's an announcement I am more picky :P
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #2

You are always pick, no matter what. :P (Just a little note, I don't think this is a matter of spelling, but more of wording. Talking about pickiness. :P)

Anyway, power of copy&paste, so blame the ones that wrote the 1.0 beta 1 announcement. O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

Good point, I am always picky as hell XD But hey, at least I'm nice? >.< (don't you dare to say no or I PM this and ask when it's the comeback time :P (yes I am mispelling this on purpose so you can't understand what it is about unless you hover on it or click it, also not to make it easy to understand, for reasons).

But yeah, I know it's a copy/paste, that's why I am talking about it, remember that a lot of people using Elkarte are not native English-speakers (me and you, for example ;D ), so an easier and as perfect as possible wording, may help :)

Reply #4

Thank you Team ElkArte.

Reply #5

That's another thing, LOL.

"The Elkarte Community is pleased to announce", however, you are always the one posting it, I'll call you "Community" from now on XD

Sorry I just feel like being a PITA today, but I'm laughing, don't take me too seriously :D