Skip to main content
Topic: Change Settings So All Current Members Receive Notifications of Posts/Replies (Read 1498 times) previous topic - next topic

Change Settings So All Current Members Receive Notifications of Posts/Replies

Hello,

I'm working with a group who have mostly never used a forum. They are not used to checking it to see if anyone has posted. They do not know to click through all the boards and set them to notify them upon any new posts appearing.

Because of this, everyone is waiting for news via email that there's something on the board to see and so no one is using the board.

Is there any way to set every member's settings to notify them via email for any and every new post or reply made on a particular board? This is for already-registered members. (Most of the group who will ever register have already registered for this private, closed forum.) I seem to remember hazily some note about setting notifications to ON for new registrants, but I can't find any way to set already-registered members up so they receive an email for any new posts and replies.

Thanks for any advice on this—much appreciated!

Re: Change Settings So All Current Members Receive Notifications of Posts/Replies

Reply #1

If memory serves me right, for already registered members there is no admin option for that (but I'm not sure because I seem to remember something but... dunno).
It is possible to do it "somehow", but at the moment I can't give you indications, tonight (~21:00 CEST)...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.