Skip to main content
Topic: HELP: The Problems I Encountered Using ElkArte (Read 8776 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: HELP: The Problems I Encountered Using ElkArte

Reply #15

Quote from: Jorin – Please be patient! We all have a life.  ;)

I am sure someone will help you when this person has some time for it. Till this happens you have to wait, sorry. It will not help if you push your thread every few hours. I know boards where you would be warned because of such a behaviour.  :-X

Besides... Emanuele posted the code a few hours before:

Code: [Select]
@media screen and (max-width: 50em) {
#button_login .button_title, #button_register .button_title {
display: inline-block;
margin-left: .5em;
margin-top: 0.5em;
float: left;
}
#button_login a::before, #button_register a::before {
visibility: hidden;
width: 0;
}
}

Put this into a file called custom.css and copy it then on your server, as Emanuele told you before.  ;)

I just did and it didn't work.

Reply #16

hmm... looks good here, see attachment with UC browser (provided it is the result you were looking for).

Reply #17

Quote from: emanuele – hmm... looks good here, see attachment with UC browser (provided it is the result you were looking for).

If I got you right, you said I should go to my default theme css file, create a custom.css and paste this code

@media screen and (max-width: 50em) {
#button_login .button_title, #button_register .button_title {
display: inline-block;
margin-left: .5em;
margin-top: 0.5em;
float: left;
}
#button_login a::before, #button_register a::before {
visibility: hidden;
width: 0;
}
}

That's what I did or there something I have to edit in the indextemplate css?

Modified:

The problem is that it is not so in Opera Mini.
Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 01:28:18 pm by Encafe

Reply #18

This is what I see using Opera Mini...

Reply #19

Quote from: emanuele – This is what I see using Opera Mini...

It must be because I have already logged in using Opera Mini.

Thanks alot.

I have a few issues I would love you to help me resolve. 
When logged in via Opera Mini, the Admin menu is not there.
And also in Ucbrowser there are no Admin sub-menus like Ad-ON Settings (I hope you know what I mean, which may be because of my screen resolution) please advise.

Reply #20

UC Browser and Opera Mini have a features that optimize data transferred. Opera Turbo and UC CloudBoost IIRC. It works like a proxy and compresses the data, sometimes very extreme. Maybe this is the cause? I don't use both because how heavily the ads in the apps.
192.MY.ID: Forum ISP Indonesia.

Reply #21

Quote from: kucing – UC Browser and Opera Mini have a features that optimize data transferred. Opera Turbo and UC CloudBoost IIRC. It works like a proxy and compresses the data, sometimes very extreme. Maybe this is the cause? I don't use both because how heavily the ads in the apps.

That may be the cause.
Let's wait for Emmanuel's comment.

Wednesday is the forum launch day so I want to make sure nothing is wrong.

Reply #22

When some buttons are missing, try to use your small device horizontally.

Reply #23

Quote from: Jorin – When some buttons are missing, try to use your small device horizontally.

I did that already in Opera Mini and it's didn't show. I'm sticking to Ucbrowser.

Reply #24

Quote from: Encafe – When logged in via Opera Mini, the Admin menu is not there.
And also in Ucbrowser there are no Admin sub-menus like Ad-ON Settings (I hope you know what I mean, which may be because of my screen resolution) please advise.
Problem is: if it is just these two browser then it may be a problem with them, if it is all the others it could be another issue.
TBH, the admin panel was not very polished for mobile devices, it should work somehow, but I can't guarantee 100%, even more with these special browsers that do much more than "just" render the HTML on their own.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #26

Quote from: emanuele –
Quote from: Encafe – When logged in via Opera Mini, the Admin menu is not there.
Problem is: if it is just these two browser then it may be a problem with them, if it is all the others it could be another issue.
TBH, the admin panel was not very polished for mobile devices, it should work somehow, but I can't guarantee 100%, even more with these special browsers that do much more than "just" render the HTML on their own.
Quote from: Jorin –
Quote from: Encafe – I did that already in Opera Mini and it's didn't show. I'm sticking to Ucbrowser.

Okay, just wanted to be sure.  ;)

Quote from: emanuele –

Thanks for the reply guys.
I hope the new version of ElkArte update will be much better.

Reply #27

Provided it has not been tested in your specific conditions (i.e. a quite small device with special browsers) I guess it may be better or it may be worse, difficult to say. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #28

Quote from: emanuele – Provided it has not been tested in your specific conditions (i.e. a quite small device with special browsers) I guess it may be better or it may be worse, difficult to say. ;)

I hope it's for the best.
I just found a way of getting admin sub menu via Opera Mini single column.

I hope the new update will be more mobile responsive and with multi colour theme B-) .

Reply #29

Clinton, you sef deh here?