Skip to main content
Topic: Ignore Threads (Read 2008 times) previous topic - next topic

Ignore Threads

Is there a way to allow users to ignore specific threads?  And is there a way to prevent threads started by users who are on ignore from showing up in "New Posts" and "New Replies" for the person who has them on ignore?

Re: Ignore Threads

Reply #1

Yes...if you activate in the admin panel the function "unwatch topics", each user can decide, wich topics he want to ignore.

This function will show a button more in the topics and will create a list of unwatched topics in the users profiles.

Unwatched topics are no longer shown in "unread replies", but I think, they will be shown in "unread topics" first. You have to click on a button in each thread you want to ignore (unwatch). But I don't use this function in my forum , so I am not sure about it.

Reply #2

Thanks, yes!  This feature seems to do most of what we're looking for.

Reply #3

I thought messages from ignored users were already removed from the recent... okay, it's one of those features I do not use at all... lol

emanuele feels ignored users is another of those things that should be redesigned in 2.0
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Quote emanuele feels ignored users is another of those things that should be redesigned in 2.0
Yeah, that feature seems to have been tacked on haphazardly, and reeks of code rot. All it does currently is hide messages (only in the main topic display) and   blocks PMs.

Bug found while testing it: user dropdown doesn't show for ignored users.
LiveGallery - Simple gallery addon for ElkArte

Reply #5

Quote from: live627 – Bug found while testing it: user dropdown doesn't show for ignored users.
I'm pretty sure this is by design. nods
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.