Skip to main content
Topic: 1.1 RC2 Wrong text for inline attachments settings in ACP (Read 2847 times) previous topic - next topic

1.1 RC2 Wrong text for inline attachments settings in ACP

In ACP > Forum > Attachments and Avatars > Attachment Settings > Inline attachment settings
there is a help button describing how inline attachments work in Elkarte. Well that description is wron, is referred to ILA addon

Code: [Select]
Add an inline attachment
Example:
[attach=123 align=left width=400]
This will show a left-aligned image resized to 400 pixels wide with the post text flowing around it. Execpt for the attachment tag and the attachment id all other parameters are optional
[attach=123]
This will show the attachment as a thumbnail if available, if no thumbnail is available it will use a full sized image. The image will be in line with the text of your post.

Options:
attach=x where x is the attachment id
align=left, center, right
width=### (where # is number in pixels)
height=### (where # is number in pixels)
Modes available
You can choose the inline mode you want for your attachment:
Thumbnail [attach=x] : Your image will be shown as a thumbnail
Text Link [attachurl=x] : Only a link is show with size and view details. By clicking on it, the image is displayed.

You can choose how to align the inline image:
align=left : The image is aligned to the left and the text will flow around it
align=right : The image is aligned to the right and the text will flow around it
align=center : The image is centered and the text will be below it

You can choose how wide to show the image:
width=123 : The image is displayed 123 pixels wide
If the width specified is larger than the image or larger than the forum allows the largest allowable width will be used
Can be used to shrink a thumbnail as well [attach=1 width=50] will display a 50px wide thumbnail

You can choose how tall to show the image:
height=123 : The image is displayed 123 pixels tall
If the height specified is bigger than the image or bigger than the forum allows the biggest allowable width will be used
Can be used to shrink a thumbnail as well [attach=1 height=50] will display a 50px tall thumbnail
sorry for my bad english

Re: 1.1 RC2 Wrong text for inline attachments settings in ACP

Reply #1

tracked

Reply #2

What would be the correct text here? O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

The syntax used by ILA add-on is:

[attachimg=x]
Or
[attach=x]
Where x is the Number of the attachment in that post
Attach is used for thumbnail image, and attachimg is used for full image

While for Elkarte 1.1 is
[attach]x[/attach]
Where x is the unique id of the attachment in the forum.

That's all I remember, I'm on mobile right now but I'll check it better
sorry for my bad english

Reply #4

I just checked on my 1.1 version and to be honest I didn't knew that align to left or right are also available in the core of elkarte 1.1.

Anyway, imho the text should be:

Code: (from) [Select]
Add an inline attachment
Example:
[attach=123 align=left width=400]
This will show a left-aligned image resized to 400 pixels wide with the post text flowing around it. Execpt for the attachment tag and the attachment id all other parameters are optional
[attach=123]
This will show the attachment as a thumbnail if available, if no thumbnail is available it will use a full sized image. The image will be in line with the text of your post.

Options:
attach=x where x is the attachment id
Modes available
Thumbnail [attach=x] : Your image will be shown as a thumbnail
Text Link [attachurl=x] : Only a link is show with size and view details. By clicking on it, the image is displayed.

align=right : The image is aligned to the right and the text will flow around it

If the width specified is larger than the image or larger than the forum allows the largest allowable width will be used
Can be used to shrink a thumbnail as well [attach=1 width=50] will display a 50px wide thumbnail

If the height specified is bigger than the image or bigger than the forum allows the biggest allowable width will be used
Can be used to shrink a thumbnail as well [attach=1 height=50] will display a 50px tall thumbnail

Code: (TO) [Select]
Add an inline attachment
Example:
[attach align=left width=400]123[/attach]
[attach]123[/attach]

Options:
where x is the attachment id
Modes available
Thumbnail [attach]x[/attach] : Your image will be shown as a thumbnail
Text Link [attachurl]x[/attachurl] : Only a link is show with size and view details. By clicking on it, the image is displayed.

Can be used to shrink a thumbnail as well [attach width=50]x[/attach] will display a 50px wide thumbnail

Can be used to shrink a thumbnail as well [attach height=50]x[/attach] will display a 50px tall thumbnail

Note:
Text Link [attachurl]x[/attachurl] : Only a link is show with size and view details. By clicking on it, the image is displayed.
with attachurl the image is not displayed into the forum, but you will be asked to download first the image, probably also this needs to be changed:
Text Link [attachurl]x[/attachurl] : Only a link is show with size and view details. By clicking on it, you will be asked where to download your image.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #5

Quote from: radu81 – The syntax used by ILA add-on is:

[attachimg=x]
Or
[attach=x]
Where x is the Number of the attachment in that post
Attach is used for thumbnail image, and attachimg is used for full image

While for Elkarte 1.1 is
[attach]x[/attach]
Where x is the unique id of the attachment in the forum.

That's all I remember, I'm on mobile right now but I'll check it better

Hm... Please, don't forget to make sure that ILA codes are transferred so inline attachements made with 1.0 will be okay with 1.1.

Reply #6

My idea was to provide an addon for backward compatibility.
Convert the messages would be difficult (and make the upgrade painful because we'd have to take each and every message, check if there are inline attachments, then fetch the attachments, process the text to find out which attachments are used, etc.), and ILA was not used by the vast majority of the users.
Of course it's not impossible, but at best I would prefer to see it as a separated process from the upgrade.

ETA: and anyway it's another topic!! :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.