Skip to main content
Topic: Profile visitors (Read 3042 times) previous topic - next topic

Profile visitors

Anyone like to have a listing of latest profile visitors on your profile ?

Re: Profile visitors

Reply #1

Reminds me of Linkedin, who's viewed your profile... Haha!
Facta, non verba.

Reply #2

Nope, thanks.  ;)

Reply #3

Quote from: niloc – Reminds me of Linkedin, who's viewed your profile... Haha!
On that I still remember a discussion on linkedin with few people moaning because some of the visitors of their profiles were keeping their profile hidden and the general comment was that this behaviour was stupid, because they wanted to know who viewed their profiles, etc.
Really a sad discussion altogether. xD

On the topic at hand, not a fan but it shouldn't be too difficult to create an addon: a database table with three columns (id_member, id_visitor, last_visit) a couple of insert/deletes depending on visit and last visited, and a scheduled task to delete periodically the old entries (let's say last day).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

A bit on the side..but if it was an addon, would it be added through a hook on the profile page?

Reply #5

Yes.
There should be enough hooks around to call the code without having to rely on code edits.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Last time I checked in 2.1 Beta 1, they have already included a lot more hooks that seems missing in here. I am so sure whether it is good to suggest identifying and suggesting them in here as well so that we can do more hooking and less edits to core.

Reply #7

Feel free to suggest. ;)
Not in this topic, of course. :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #8

Quote from: ahrasis – Last time I checked in 2.1 Beta 1, they have already included a lot more hooks that seems missing in here. I am so sure whether it is good to suggest identifying and suggesting them in here as well so that we can do more hooking and less edits to core.
Indeed they have.