Skip to main content
Topic: ElkArte 1.0.3 - Release announcement (Read 11109 times) previous topic - next topic

ElkArte 1.0.3 - Release announcement

Today, we are pleased to release ElkArte 1.0.3. This release fixes a number of bugs and issues that were found or reported since the release of 1.0.2. As this is a maintenance release, the majority of the updates are focused on bug fixes and increased stability. This is a recommended update for everyone running the 1.0.2 version.

Some notable updates in 1.0.3 include:
* Applied some performance improvement to parse_bbc taken from SimplePortal (do note: if you are using SimplePortal you may have to uninstall SimplePortal and install the latest version from the distribution page.)
Avatars are now shown in the members list
It is now possible to modify poll options properly
Removed a double Mime-Version from mail headers, it should reduce the number of notifications recognised as spam
Several other fixes.

This release follows our semantic version (MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH), meaning that third-point (x.x.X) releases should contain backwards-compatible bug fixes and enhancements, so for the most part you will not find new features in this release. Major new features will be reserved for second point versions (x.X.x).
Refer to the release notes on the forum for a complete list of updates.

Patching procedure:
  • go to the page https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/releases/tag/v1.0.3
  • download the file ElkArte_1-0-3_patch.zip to your computer
  • go to your forum: Admin > Main > Package Manager > Upload Package
  • click the button to upload the package
  • locate and select the file you downloaded at point 2
  • click the "upload" button
  • follow the instructions on the screen.

For any question you may have, feel free to ask on the support forum.

Of course you are encouraged to update to this release since it contains a lot of fixes and improvements, thank you for your continued support!
Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 02:09:14 pm by emanuele
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: ElkArte 1.0.3 - Release announcement

Reply #1

Going to go update now, thank you to all the staff for getting out a new update.

Reply #2

If I broke something... it's not my fault! :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

That's scary. LOL
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

I just did the upgrade, everything is OK for now :D
sorry for my bad english

Reply #6

Updated to 1.0.3. So far so good.

Reply #7

Quote from: emanuele – * Avatars are now shown in the members list

Got a problem with that. I find the avatars much to big to be in a list like that. The list expands widely. Is there a way to limit the avatar size in the members list to the size as it is used in the profile button in the header on the right?

Thanks for the update! The patch worked great in my car board but got errors creating or changing directories (images, sources... 4 directories were listed) while updating my support board. Because I didn't change much at my support board I copied the fresh install package onto the server.  :D

Edit: You forgot to change "new_in_1_0_2" to "new_in_1_0_3" in Admin.english.php.  ;)  I don't linke the way to put these informations into a language file. Did I say this before?  ;)

Reply #8

I thought the avatars in the member list could be a but bigger if not the size they are is great.

Reply #9

You can change the size of the avatars in the css ... Find
Code: [Select]
#memberlist .avatar.avatarresize {
max-width: 2.4em;
max-height: 3.4em;
}
and change those to what you like.  If you are running a custom theme and you don't have that in your CSS, then you may have a problem.

Reply #10

Quote from: Jorin – Edit: You forgot to change "new_in_1_0_2" to "new_in_1_0_3" in Admin.english.php.  ;)
Nope, I didn't forgot.
There was nothing really important to say about the release, so I didn't add the notice.
In theory these warnings are only for changes that may result in problems somewhere, for example from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2 the way avatars were handled was changed *a lot*, making previous settings invalid. This required admins intervention in order to check and fix the settings according to their need, so a warning was added to inform of this (unfortunately it didn't work...). This time there was nothing to check/verify, so I considered not necessary to put up a notice to admins.

Quote from: Jorin – I don't linke the way to put these informations into a language file. Did I say this before?  ;)
I don't remember, but it may be my memory.
May I ask why?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #11

Don't forget to update the link in home page "Download Elkarte" (to download the 1.0.3 version and not the 1.0.2)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #12

Good point!
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #13

Regular updates. Well done team ElkArte.  :thumbsup:

Reply #14

Updated
It did show 'Test failed' on some of the css files. It seems to have installed successfully though