Skip to main content
Topic: Fatal error when clicking on member names (Read 2997 times) previous topic - next topic

Fatal error when clicking on member names

Hello

I'm a new to ElkArte but have been setting up phpbb and Elgg for some years. I'm amatuer and do it for free for small gaming guilds. I'm impressed that this is the only error I have gotten.

When my member account click on a member name, in a post or through the member list I get this error:
QuoteFatal error: Function name must be a string in /home1/zilwer1x/public_html/primals/sources/subs/Menu.subs.php on line 394
I don't get the error when I am logged in on the admin account.
Can someone help please?

Url: http://www.cafedanmark.com/primals/

Re: Fatal error when clicking on member names

Reply #1

I'm trying to reproduce this error on a clean install of 1.0.3 and have not been able to.

I see you have SimplePortal installed and are using the Silence theme, do you have any other addons?

Reply #2

I have bridged it to Coppermine and have fancy box and ultimate menu.
Other than that I only have those that came with the board, where Integration Hooks Management, Karma and Paid Subscriptions is made inactive.
Btw, the virsion is 1.0.3

Reply #3

I totally forgot about that Coppermine bridge code I put together, did you use the code from this site?

Anyway thanks for the extra details,  I'll see if I can set up a duplicate site and see if I can reproduce the error, since its triggering in the menu subs, I'm suspicions of one of the addons.

Reply #4

Sorry for the offtopic, but coppermine gallery can be bridged with elkarte? Is there a guide? I'd like to try it
sorry for my bad english

Reply #5

You can try this: http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=2106.msg13434#msg13434  I did it a while back but it has not had much testing.  So if you give it a try, let me know how it works or does not (back in that thread  of course O:-) )

Reply #6

Quote from: Spuds – I totally forgot about that Coppermine bridge code I put together, did you use the code from this site?

Anyway thanks for the extra details,  I'll see if I can set up a duplicate site and see if I can reproduce the error, since its triggering in the menu subs, I'm suspicions of one of the addons.
Yes I bridged to Coppermine with the file you attached to that post you have linked to. It seems to work perfect and is very easy to use use.

Reply #7

I seems to have discovered what does it.
I have made a custom member group and it is members in that group that get the message.
When I removed my second account from that group, the error disappeared.

Reply #8

I have custom groups too and they work. I did not have this error.

Reply #9

Nefea could you post a screenshot of the details of that member group? Including permissions?
It may be some particular combination of things leading to a missing included file...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #10

I swapped my special group member back to normal member and hadn't had much time to do anything else, until today.

Today I went into the setting of the special group (officers) to recheck the settings and the setting were the same as default members.

I then swapped my test account from default member back to officer group and it seems to work.
I have no idea what happened that caused to show that error, but it seems to be gone now.

Reply #11

I love this kind of situations: you have an error, you are debugging it and then.... without notice the problem disappears and you have no idea what the heck changed to fix it. xD
And I face them almost every day. :-\
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.