Skip to main content
Topic: Is there an updated Wedge to ElkArte importer? (Read 3032 times) previous topic - next topic

Is there an updated Wedge to ElkArte importer?

I tried the current one but it is missing a few things.  I would like to move a Wegde site to ElkArte but broken avatars, missing groups and permissions breaks the imported site.

Re: Is there an updated Wedge to ElkArte importer?

Reply #1

Quote from: txcas – I tried the current one but it is missing a few things.  I would like to move a Wegde site to ElkArte but broken avatars, missing groups and permissions breaks the imported site.
I will check that within the next few days, however importing permissions is complicated (source and destination forums often have different features with a completely different permissions system) and I'm tempted to remove that from all existing importers ..
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #2

Thank you.  I am pretty sure permissions in Wedge are just like the ones in SMF, but I understand your concern.

Reply #3

I think admin permissions and groups are pretty much the same idea (one group or permission gives you super user access) in all of them. It makes sense to only migrate that level but I think that level must be migrated.