Skip to main content
Topic: ElkArte 1.1 Release Candidate 2 - Release announcement (Read 10625 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ElkArte 1.1 Release Candidate 2 - Release announcement

Reply #15

Is there some kind of changelog, with a short description of what’s new in version 1.1 compared to 1.0?

Reply #16

Hi igor and welcome. :)

I thought there was, but I was wrong... :-\

Off the top of my head in a more or less random manner:
... okay, it's so long I'm using 1.1 that I don't remember any more. xD
The "front-facing" that I remember are: inline attachments, desktop notifications, more granular control over notifications methods, use of SVG instead of FA. A more recent version of the editor. Likely other things, but I don't remember... :-\
On the backend... quite a bit of stuff changed, but I guess it's not really that interesting.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #17

Quote from: emanuele – On the backend... quite a bit of stuff changed, but I guess it's not really that interesting.
 This is so generic I love it :P

Reply #18

Quote from: emanuele – Off the top of my head in a more or less random manner:
... okay, it's so long I'm using 1.1 that I don't remember any more. xD
The "front-facing" that I remember are: inline attachments, desktop notifications, more granular control over notifications methods, use of SVG instead of FA. A more recent version of the editor. Likely other things, but I don't remember... :-\
Thank you for the quick answer!

Quote from: emanuele – On the backend... quite a bit of stuff changed, but I guess it's not really that interesting.
I guess for you it’s the other way round. ;-)

Reply #19

O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #21

Interesting.
By a quick look it requires just proper labelling of issues and pull requests, it could very well be an interesting tool. nods
What I did in the past (now it's already a couple of releases I forget) was to create:
http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=3437.0
via git command. It's not difficult, the only annoying part is I had to go back and find the theme and enhancement commits.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.