Skip to main content
Topic: Quick edit not saving (Read 2244 times) previous topic - next topic

Quick edit not saving

I'm using chrome, on a win 10 computer, but various members have the same problems as well.

Before I added many mods it had this issue as well, but my mods are:
-Topic tags
-Topic prefixes
-Topic Authors
-Smart title
-SocialLinks
-Simpleportal
-Simple ads
-Recent Topics
-Mention Droppy
-Global Header/footer
-Fix avatar size
-Emoji4Elkarte
-Bookmarks

I noticed this as an issue for a while before i installed anything else, but assumed it was just me, but when I members brought it up I realized it was more.

When you click the button it acts as if its going to work but then it just stops and doesn't save.

Re: Quick edit not saving

Reply #1

Any error in the log that can be related?
If not, can you send me the login and password of a test account (as long as it can post a message and modify it, a normal user is enough)?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Would this be the error? I tested the quick reply again and a new one of these errors showed up:

Quotehttp://genesis.crittercosmos.com/index.php?action=quotefast;quote=71;modify;xmlApply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home/canineco/public_html/genesis/sources/TopicPrefix.integrate.php
Line: 77

Reply #3

Could very well be, let's try something.
locate the file (the path is the one in the error message), open it, find the line:
Code: [Select]
if (!$context['is_first_post'])
and replace it with:
Code: [Select]
if (empty($context['is_first_post']))
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

From what members were testing out for me that error did appear every time someone attempted to use the quick edit, I did replace the code and have tested it and had members test it and the error is not appearing when the quick edit is attempted to be used, however it still doesn't save.

When you click on save it has a quick flash of "loading" at thetop but then just doesn't move forward.

I cleared my cache and cookies as well and  still no luck, but the error no longer appears at least xD

Reply #5

Any other error in the log?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Nothing form members, and when I try to edit with the quick reply no new errors appear in the log.

Reply #7

How familiar are you with the browsers development tools? O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #8

I can't say I've used them before, but I could probably figure out what to do if needed.

Sorry for hte late reply, irl has bene busy

Reply #9

Sorry, two days ago was not a good moment for me... lol

Okay, then let's try with chrome:
right click "inspect"
click "network"
go to the page, do the quick edit and click "save"
go to the developer tool and check the line that looks like "index.php?action=quotefast;quote=12345;modify;xml"
* then go to either "preview" or "response" and see what the server sent you back and report. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #10

Did you try with the tools here?
Otherwise, as I said above, feel free to send me user/pass of a test account so that I can have a look. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.