Skip to main content
Topic: Database Changes in 1.0.4 Update (Read 2406 times) previous topic - next topic

Database Changes in 1.0.4 Update

I update our forum using git merge, but this same question seems to apply to the update package.

How do the database changes get implemented via the update? Specifically, how does this change finds its way into our database?

In 1.0.2, I had to manually run install/patch_1-0-2/update.php, but nothing like that seems to be available in 1.0.4.

Re: Database Changes in 1.0.4 Update

Reply #1

The update package files have the code to do database updates in them, that is why it's best to use the update package when updating. As far as I know, if install via package manager, everything should get done, no need to manually run the file.

Reply #3

I guess that's my fault...
Honestly I didn't see that change and as such I didn't create the upgrade file.

Anyway, this is something you can change from the admin panel as well: admin > main > package manager > download packages
1) delete the current server
2) in the "add server" section, use the same name as the current one "ElkArte Third-party Add-ons Site", and in the url field "http://addons.elkarte.net/package.json"
That's all.

Sorry for the inconvenience... :-[
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

And I missed that it was not created as well  :-[

The silver lining in this instance it was just a "nice-ity"  to point to the proper addon site and you can, as already noted, fix it in the ACP.  It was not a schema change but a simple value change.

Reply #5

Thanks for the replies. Obviously, this is an easy manual change, but I am always concerned about official forum support for my preferred update method of "git merge."  I manually review each update with this concern in mind.

I continue to be confused by updates to the upgrade.php system. This system seems like an artifact from SMF, so I do not understand the continued updates to it on github. I might be missing something, though....

Reply #6

upgrade.php will be necessary when ElkArte will have to move from 1.0 to 1.1 and so on.
Yes, you could use it to update even between micro releases as well (you have to move all the upgrade*.* files to the root and run upgrade.php).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.