Skip to main content
Topic: Like icon (Read 4638 times) previous topic - next topic

Like icon

When you see a post you can "like" it, and it will obviously work. After that, you can also "unlike" it, if you click on the same button again, and you can tell you are unliking it because when you hover the button the like gets a "deny" symbol.
I suggest to extend the deny symbol to the non-hover status (if, of course, you already liked the message), because I shouldn't need to hover the button to figure out whether I liked a post or not, and sometimes doing things quickly I found myself unliking stuff by accident.
What do you guys think?
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Re: Like icon

Reply #1

I agree. This way, can quickly see if already liked a post, without hovering over the button.
I always forget which posts hit it on, and have had times of "un-liking" a post...LOL

Reply #2

Maybe just change the text to Unlike if you had previously liked the post?

Reply #3

The hover icon should change to a Thumbs Up with a red Negative sign, too.

Reply #4

Quote from: Spuds – Maybe just change the text to Unlike if you had previously liked the post?

That would work, too. :)

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin – The hover icon should change to a Thumbs Up with a red Negative sign, too.

It already does that now, when hover. However, this idea is so don't have to hover, to know if already liked the post.

Reply #5

Quote from: Burke Knight –
Quote from: Spuds – Maybe just change the text to Unlike if you had previously liked the post?

That would work, too. :)

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin – The hover icon should change to a Thumbs Up with a red Negative sign, too.

It already does that now, when hover. However, this idea is so don't have to hover, to know if already liked the post.

Ahh, I misunderstood the intention of hovering. I get it now.

Reply #6

emanuele feels like in a déjà vu

I think we already had almost the same discussion when the button was first introduced. lol
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

Lol, well, seeing the replies I do believe I am not alone thinking it this way ;D

Reply #9

ARGH it's on your site, I was already starting to yell at the guy who had implemented that smiley ;D

Reply #10

Quote from: emanuele –
 emanuele feels like in a déjà vu

I think we already had almost the same discussion when the button was first introduced. lol
Yep ... its gone through a few revisions for sure.

Reply #11

Unlike? Shouldn't it be dislike?

Quote from: Flavio93Zena (#OpIsis) – I suggest to extend the deny symbol to the non-hover status (if, of course, you already liked the message), because I shouldn't need to hover the button to figure out whether I liked a post or not, and sometimes doing things quickly I found myself unliking stuff by accident.

+1 from me! A simple and effective solution.

Reply #12

Technically there is no dislike ... as in thumbs down ..  unlike implys to remove a like you erroneously gave.  Anyway its been tracked so we will see what we get !