Skip to main content
Topic: Starting new post with poll gives error (Read 2292 times) previous topic - next topic

Starting new post with poll gives error

I tried starting a thread in my forum with a poll. But every time i get this error,

QuoteWe tried very hard to find the topic or board you are looking for, but it's nowhere to be found. It appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

If it is reported forgive me, i tried searching could find a thread.

Re: Starting new post with poll gives error

Reply #1

Hi Jason and welcome. :)

hmm... I just tried here and on a test site of mine but it seems to work.

By the error you reported it looks like a permission issue, are you admin on the forum? (Just to be sure you are not as paranoid as I am and using on a limited account.)
If you are not admin, are you sure the permissions are set correctly?
If all this is fine... could it be you downloaded the package from github a few days ago? (So downloading a development version with some bugs we may have fixed in the meantime?)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Is it a native ElArte Forum or was it imported from another forum software (SMF, phpBB, MyBB...)?
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #3

@emanuele and @TE

I am the admin of the forum, i use SimpleSEF addon (i don't know whether it causes the problem). I installed Elkarte using softaculous. Everything else seems to work fine.

Reply #4

It's probably related to the addon.. can you uninstall SimpleSEF (at least temporary) to see if the error is still there or fixed?
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #5

Hmm found out the culprit, it was SimpleSEF as you said. Do you recommend to turn it off till it is fixed. Because it causes issue in creating a poll alone, rest works without any problem.

Reply #6

It has several issues, the only safe way to use it is disable all the actions except the basic ones.
Go to the settings, enable the "Advanced Options", then go to ... "Advanced Options" and set on ignore anything except: display, search, search2, simplesef-404, stats, topic. And, if the profiles are accessible to non registered users, mlist and profile.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

Thanks for the suggestion, i will do it and let you know how it works :)