Skip to main content
Topic: Links in signature with "Automatically link posted URLs" option enabled (Read 1989 times) previous topic - next topic

Links in signature with "Automatically link posted URLs" option enabled

I have this scenario:
  • in signature i disabled URL and iURL tags
  • in ACP -> Forum -> Bulletin Board Code, I enabled the option "Automatically link posted URLs"
  • So if anyone is posting a link into signature like www.google.com (without url or iurl tag) he get a working link into signature.

I don't know if this is a bug, that's why I am writing this in "Feature discussion" board. 

What do you think about it? In this situation links into signature should be enabled or disabled? Thank you
sorry for my bad english

Re: Links in signature with "Automatically link posted URLs" option enabled

Reply #1

One of those grey areas ...

Can't say its a bug since they did not use the bbc tags, but I don't think its the intended outcome the admin would want.  

It should be detect and even possibly prevent.  It may be easier to have a disable links in signatures option like we do for images.

Reply #2

That's what I thought

Quote from: Spuds – It may be easier to have a disable links in signatures option like we do for images.
Yep, that would be better ;)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #3

an alternative solution is to use @ahrasis‍ addon MWSP - Member's Website & Signature Permission
I am not against links into signature, but I don't like when users registers to my forum to post a couple of messages just to show their link into signature ;)
sorry for my bad english