Skip to main content
Topic: PHP user management library? (Read 2558 times) previous topic - next topic

PHP user management library?

I'm starting a "personal" project and I'd need to manage users (registration/roles/authentication/all the mumbo jumbo), so I was wondering if there is any library out there that could deal with that "out of the box".
I don't have any particularly complex need (I think), the db-table I was thinking was roughly:
id
first name
surname
phone contact
email address
preferred contact
password
reset password
I would prefer have this part ready instead of having to build it. I also considered Elk as backend, but honestly I don't want to build what I need on top of another complete solution, I would prefer to have the flexibility coming from a library of sort (i.e. ideally $user = new User('name', 'password/cookies token'); if ($user->isValud() {echo 'Cool!';} else {echo 'GTFO!';} or something along the lines).

Does anyone of you know about anything of the sort? O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: PHP user management library?

Reply #2

I did some very quick search, but I wanted to hear from someone I trust a little more than the first random internet user. :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

Unfortunately I don't count. I don't have practical experience with any of 'em. :)

Reply #4

Doesnt CodeIgnitor do this?

Reply #5

There's a bunch of Laravel libraries that do this.