Skip to main content
Topic: [MyBB 1.8] Importer (Read 27146 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Converting MyBB to Elk

Re: [MyBB 1.8] Importer

Reply #60

Help please: the conversion stops in the topics field. I'm converting from MyBB 1.8.12 and before that I was using an Invision 3.4.8

This is the conversion screen. All right it seems...
screen1.png

...but after converting 1000 topics this happens:
screen2.png

Reply #61

hello and welcome to Elkarte!
Did you used the file attached in this topic or the official importer? 
sorry for my bad english

Reply #62

The attached file. And used the .xml on page 3.

Reply #63

any errors logs?
sorry for my bad english

Reply #64

Welcome. :) (E ciao :P)

hmm...
Are you familiar with the developer tools of chrome (or maybe another browser)?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #65

Nope. Indeed I can't answer to radu 'cause I'm not sure if I got an error or not. Not from the browser however.
I'm using XAMPP with PHP 7 in local environment btw.

(Emanuele mi ha riconosciuto pare. Siamo tutti e 3 italiani XD)

Reply #66

Okay, then let's try another thing.
My feeling is that something fails in the AJAX response, so either you use one of the developer tools provided by the browsers to inspect the request and discover what is going wrong, or you disable javascript and runs the importer this way, so that the outcome id printed directly in the HTML instead of in the AJAX response.
Disable js in the code is a bit of a pain (it's still somehow a mess), so the easiest option is for you to install the https://noscript.net/ firefox add-on and run the importer.
This should show a more meaningful error... If we are lucky...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #67

We are not. And the importer stops in different times too: sometimes it's after "... start=1500", sometimes it's right after the very beginning. I have to say it really takes a lot of time to go to the actual importing page, but maybe this isn't important.
On a side note: I still have the IPB installation, but I read that the Open Importer for this is still not very operational, isn't it?

Reply #68

In fact it is intended: when javascript is disabled, then you have to confirm each step, and that should be the reason you may get more meaningful error messages.
But... meh.

I don't know, I was breaking working on the "next" version, and didn't come back to 1.0 for a while, either @Spuds or @TE  know this version way better than me.
But... could it be you have turned off the error reporting in XAMPP?
Would you mind checking it?
Here it is a guide to turn it *off*, in case just do the opposite and turn it "On":
http://www.complete-concrete-concise.com/web-tools/how-to-turn-off-display_errors-in-xampp
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #70

I would try the version from the official importer site I did make some fixes to that version which I also tried to pull in all of the various stand alone files, such as the one in this thread.   No guarantees if it will make any difference but worth a test.

Reply #71

I was able to convert: some mybb tables were corrupted, so a database repair solved everything. I'm sorry but I don't know if using the official importer helped since XAMPP signed the error (mysql) but it was "hidden" among many other little issues and I didn't notice it the first time I checked.
Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 12:02:28 pm by lordmortimer

Reply #72

Thats very strange ... I think at this point I would need to get a copy of the db so I could determine where its making the mistake.  I know I ran MyBB though the importer but it was a very small DB.

Reply #73

Hello! First of all Thank you all for your effort.

Which Password from which Database I have to write?
If I write my Password of my MyBB-Databse: Openimporter says: "Wrong Password"
If I write my Password of my ElkArte-Database: Openimporter says:

QuoteSorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of your forum cannot access the installation of %1. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: 'SELECT command denied to user 'd02a81ad'@'localhost' for table 'mybb_users'

Is there a solution (MyBB = 1.8.15; ElkArte = 1.1.3)