Skip to main content
Topic: Preparation for releasing 1.1 (Read 3473 times) previous topic - next topic

Preparation for releasing 1.1

Ooook.
I think it's about time.

1) Checked the error log here: reported bugs, fixed bugs. Nothing else to do.
2) Test upgrade: few have tested it even on live sites, so it should all be fine.
3) Release.
I'll have the latest code up here by this evening, and try to have the release ready by tonight.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: Preparation for releasing 1.1

Reply #1

No RC3 release first? :) (Which would automatically turn into the final after a couple of days unless anything happens.)

Reply #2

emanuele is too lazy for that. O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

I did some tests with a copy of my forum upgraded to 1.1 RC2, seems fine, but I cannot upgrade my live forum, I have to wait for the addons to be updated to 1.1. Once updated I will probably find other small bugs.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #4

Well, small bugs are considered normal I'd say. :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Agree, and are difficult to find in a test environment
sorry for my bad english

Reply #6

Heck, I was writing the release announcement and I remembered that I forgot to put together a list of the new features since 1.0... :-[
I remember though I wrote something not long ago, does anyone remember where it is?

Found it:
http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=4636.msg33688#msg33688
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #8

Nope, not yet.... at least I think?
Or Spuds implemented the "easy" version and the "full version" with database changes were left for 1.1.1?...
 emanuele feels lost. xD
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #10

Its not in the core for 1.1, you have to use the addon as linked above.  

When we get the site updated to https then we also add the above addon to  the site for increased test coverage and then add it to the 2.0 core.  I guess we could add it to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 as well.

Reply #11

I think 1.1.1 is a good candidate for image proxy, we can have the code in and up here as soon as 1.1.0 is released.
Wait for 2.0 would mean at least a couple of years...

The reason I pushed not to include it in 1.1 is because having to change the database schema during beta would mean we have to deal with adjusting the database while people are doing the final tests and having database changes is usually an additional barrier to these tests (it requires to run the upgrade, and as such we need to deal with multiple random upgrades during the upgrade process). While, introducing it in a patch like 1.1.1, it would be easier because the package manager takes care of updating the database. :)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #12

Sounds like a plan  :)

Reply #13

Could someone please ping me (either here or on GH) when ImageProxy in the core is ready for initial testing and code contributions?

Concretely, there are two things I'm missing in the add-on that I'd like to add (or be added) as options:

• Transparent proxy. Meaning no "external image" text mucking up the display.
  • Moving GIFs.

Or if the core isn't interested, to make sure there's a hook of some sort for an add-on.