Skip to main content
Topic: Gallery for Elkarte (Read 4537 times) previous topic - next topic

Gallery for Elkarte

Hello,
I would like to know if there are any plans to create a gallery addon for Elkarte or if someboby is working on a gallery for Elk.
I am not asking to develop a gallery for me :D, I know there is a lot of work

thank you in advance
sorry for my bad english

Re: Gallery for Elkarte

Reply #1

Hi Radu. Nice to see you here.

Reply #2

Meetdilip, you're everywhere ;)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #3

Rather, all good boards  ;)

Reply #4

I lost that one... :-[

Quote from: radu81 – I would like to know if there are any plans to create a gallery addon for Elkarte or if someboby is working on a gallery for Elk.
I am not asking to develop a gallery for me :D, I know there is a lot of work
Well, sooner or later probably yes.
At the moment I didn't start anything... well, sort of, I could actually have some code, but is still mainly for SMF; so it would need to be ported and anyway it was not that great as a gallery, it was an early WIP I was somehow forced to use in production and I lost interest in because of that. I should post it somewhere...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

I think a gallery addon would be appreciated by a lot of users. Aeva Media is one of the most downloaded mod for SMF.

I'll wait for it,
sorry for my bad english

Reply #6

Quote from: radu81 – I think a gallery addon would be appreciated by a lot of users. Aeva Media is one of the most downloaded mod for SMF.

I'll wait for it,

Yep ... best SMF gallery ever available, IMO.  Maybe the boss can beg Nao for permission to use Avea on Elk?  Heck ... I would even pay for Avea if it worked on Elk. 

Reply #7

QuoteMaybe the boss can beg Nao for permission to use Avea on Elk? 
that will be great, but I don't think Nao will be agree :(
sorry for my bad english

Reply #8

IIRC (it's been a long time since last discussion on the matter), there is the idea to move the attachments towards something more "gallery-ish", that means no more strictly bound to a message in a topic.
I think this is more easy to use for people (I have AEVA installed on a forum and several people do not use it because of its "detached" nature). There could be some problems the moment there is to decide how to handle access to the single items, but I think the most common options can be covered with just "use the same permissions as the topic" (if attaching to a message) or the usual "everybody/only buddies/not ignored/admin only" thing or something like that as first approximation (and groups as "advanced" way).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.