Skip to main content
Topic: Difference between Recent Unread Topics and Updated Topics (Read 3940 times) previous topic - next topic

Difference between Recent Unread Topics and Updated Topics

Hello,
I don't know why but there are some minor difference in the aspect and translations of those two.

If I go to Recent Unread topics (index.php?action=unread) the text under topic title is "Started by the author" and there is no category board.

If I go to News Replies (the title is Updated topics, is that correct?) (index.php?action=unreadreplies) the text under topic title is "started by" and there is the category board.

I attach 2 screenshots.

Why not use the same translation and display always the category?

Re: Difference between Recent Unread Topics and Updated Topics

Reply #1

Obviously. Recent unread (new posts) can be from a new topic but new replies is not.  You didn't follow new posts but definitely are following new replies.

Reply #2

I still don't get it, on SM.org are displayed in the same way. Also on my smf forum
sorry for my bad english

Reply #3

Nope. I find them exactly the same. Unread Posts is the New Post here. New Replies is just the same name and functions.

Reply #4

Have a look at the 2 attachments in the forst post.

screenshot from sm.org
sorry for my bad english

Reply #5

Yes. I can see that. I don't know but I think it is something related to the queries. Without calling for the board name, ElkArte may be using lesser queries. Besides, that new posts are unfollowed. One does not really require a board name. An interesting title will do.

Reply #6

My best bet is that someone did the change to one of the templates (maybe even me) and nobody noticed the difference until now. O:-)

And that is one more reason to have all the pages that should look the same use the same template (or at least functions that style the content the same way).

I'm moving this to bug reports, since I think it can be considered very well a bug.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

Actually, in SMF (2.0) unread replies and new posts, the locked and sticky pin are also missing in unreadreplies. This is tested in my test sites. But they are all appearing in ElkArte. Since they are theming matters, I never considered them as bugs.
Edited - It was my mod bugs, lol.

I guess it is good to include whatever is necessary in the default theme. If people don't like it, then it can be removed later via addon.
Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 02:13:40 am by ahrasis

Reply #8

I sow that this was "solved" here by removing the board name in New Replies. I hope it will not remain like this because the name of the board is important in New Posts and also on New Replies specially for admins and mods. In this way we can always control if people are posting in the right board.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #9

I don't think so. It is still not yet fixed or solved. But I believe it is already being tracked.

Reply #10

I uploaded a possible fix here.
Let me know if it works for you. ;)

ETA: https://github.com/emanuele45/Dialogo/commit/a41e2764dfb672ca9152e8f068aa8cd83c88746b
Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 05:41:55 pm by emanuele
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #11

Yep it's working, thanks!

just one small thing I cannot solve. The word "in" is correctly translated into index.italian.php
$txt['in'] = 'in';
but I see the text as "il" instead of "in"
I attach a screenshot
sorry for my bad english

Reply #12

$txt['in'] has been removed ages ago, $txt['topic_started_by_in'] is the string to change. ;)
At the moment is translated as:
Code: [Select]
Iniziato da %1$s il %2$s
it should be:
Iniziato da %1$s in %2$s
or:
Iniziato da %1$s nella sezione %2$s
even though the last one is a bit too verbose I think for the space available.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #13

:-[ solved, thanks Emanuele

Quote from: emanuele – it should be:
Iniziato da %1$s in %2$s
I used this and updated on Transifex
sorry for my bad english