Skip to main content
Topic: News Configuration (Read 1248 times) previous topic - next topic

News Configuration

Two One NEWS questions:

1 - I have 3 Forum accounts (Regular member, Global Moderator, and Admin), one of which (Global Moderator) does not display the NEWS banner. I've not found the explicit setting that enables/disables that in either account profile settings or permissions. Can someone please enlighten me? It's bugging me (not knowing, rather than it not displaying).

2 - My Forum cycles the NEWS items when the user changes pages, where here on this Forum NEWS items fade between each item without the user having to change pages. Is that an add-on, theme, or setting? It's a nice touch I'd like to add to my forum.
[FOUND] (drilldown admin -> configuration -> theme -> edit theme)  :P

TIA...
Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 12:25:13 pm by Steeley

// Deep inside every dilemma lies a solution that involves explosives //

Re: News Configuration

Reply #1

As far as I know there is no permission to disable the news for membergroups, you can enable or disable the news for all your members and guests.
Could be a stupid question, but news can be hidden by pressing the UP/DOWN icon near your nickname, in the main menu, have you tried that?

sorry for my bad english

Reply #2

Quote from: radu81 – <snip>
Could be a stupid question, but news can be hidden by pressing the UP/DOWN icon near your nickname, in the main menu, have you tried that?

doh.jpg
Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 12:57:47 pm by Steeley

Reply #3

was this the solution? :D
sorry for my bad english

Reply #4

Yep....  didn't realize that collapsed not only the forum banner, but the NEWS block as well...  [since it's Sunday, I was really trying hard to not learn anything new today, darn you.. :P  ]