Skip to main content
Topic: 1.1 (Read 3144 times) previous topic - next topic

I am on my phone with really bad service but I was reading posts. Just wondering what features are in 1.1 and if there are any more planned.

Re: 1.1

Reply #1

I'm trying to remember what new features have been added, I think a lot of the work as been to the core vs features.  But some new features are:
- two factor authentication
- like stats / info etc ajax views
- In line attachments (and attachment preview)

The core has added
- autolaoder
- a bootstrap startup used by both ssi and the site
- basic post/get encapsulation
- more things moved to modules
- consolidation of notifications with easy way to extend
- smarter addon / module detection
- hopefully your parser
- other things that I can't remember

Some theme updates, kill of ie8, update the editor, more (and hopefully final) removal of querys from subs.  More controller refactoring.  Kind of whatever makes sense.

Reply #2

OK cool. I wanted to see what was changed so I could say "feature freeze and let's get it shipped." I'm away right now so I don't have a lot of time but when I get back I should be able to work on bugs. The faster 1.1 comes out, the faster we get working on the next version.

Reply #3

Oh and a bunch of 5.2 stuff was removed and updated to 5.3 goodness

Reply #4

In terms of things still to add, IIRC: distinction between drafts saved and auto-saved (should be pretty easy), attachments saved from drafts, your shiny bbc parser if possible, testing the upgrade script, and at least some of the current blockers https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3A%221.1+Beta+1%22+label%3Ablock
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

I worked on reducing the number of issues open for beta 1.
It's just a matter of numbers because I mostly moved them to beta 2 or 3 and to 2.0, but at least now beta 1 is down to 36 issues open (including the roadmap), that is not so bad.
Some may be moved again, but this is easier to deal with.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.