Skip to main content
Topic: Editor Toolbar (Read 434 times) previous topic - next topic

Editor Toolbar

Thought it would be nice to hide the second row of icons on the editor to provide a cleaner look.

There are a lot of options, and many are infrequently used and probably never to many users.

I've tried to re-organize them and only place ones that I think:thinking:are the most commonly used, and the rest are hidden until you click on that vertical row of dots.

Let me know your thoughts :D

Re: Editor Toolbar

Reply #2

Quote from: Burke Knight –
Quote and Code should be added to the top row, IMHO.  :smiley:

I don't recall seeing the list buttons used often (on my own site or this one), if there is a need to depreciate some in order to elevate others to the the top row, but unless someone is running a technical site (or something requiring technical instruction - it might be confusing if not) I'm not sure the code button is that important either , and the quote button is easily replicated (for most intents and purposes ) with a copy and paste and a couple of keyboard quote key presses.  So, I'm not advocating any change to the way you have it Spuds, nor opposed to Burke Knights suggestion either. I'm easy, I can live with it either way. :man_shrugging:

// Deep inside every dilemma lies a solution that involves explosives //

Reply #3

Plus for quote we already got "quote selected" a simple highlight and click.

Reply #5

Quote from: Burke Knight – Quote and Code should be added to the top row, IMHO
Those were the two that I went back and forth on.  I use code often here, but not on other sites that I occasionally spam on.  Quote for me tends to be covered by the "quote selected" feature or simple quote the whole thing.  That said everyone has different usage styles.

Quote from: Steeley – depreciate some in order to elevate others to the the top row,
This is part of the decision process.  I don't want to end up with so many on the top row that it becomes overwhelming.  I agree lists are one option to put in the hidden row, more of a special needs and I just tend to use the short syntax list feature anyway. 

Another option (potential) is to collapse the right, left, center, pre options into a drop down (like the font or color picker).  That way instead of 4 spots in the menu, its only 1.  Here again only center is probably used, I don't see the other used at all.

Reply #6

Quote from: Burke Knight – Not all quotes are from the same site, don't forget.
I don't really get you on that. The quote button also doesn't directly support quoting from other sites as well; and if you are using quote selected feature you can simply modify / delete the quote early parts (author, link and date). It is better and faster than quote button, at least to me.