Skip to main content
Topic: ElkArte 1.1.7 Patch Testing (Read 29006 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ElkArte 1.1.7 Patch Testing

Reply #75

No export is possible from the webmail and from bluemail !

Reply #76

OK thanks for looking.  I'll do some more tests to see if I can come up with anything

Reply #77

Abandon text email and go html-only?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #78

Technically you must have a plain text section.  In 2.0 I think we should have plain then base64 and then html .. different clients will need different formats, like if you have don't display html then the base64 is better than plain.   I've been tinkering with a redo of the mail area in 2.0.

Reply #79

Was playing with 1.1.7 fulltext and noticed if you search for an un found word, the first time you get a
Code: [Select]
Can't find FULLTEXT index matching the column list
File: /var/www/clients/client2/web2/web/sources/database/DbSearch-mysql.php
Line: 50

Note: Your database version is 1.1.6.
on the UI and in the admin log you get
Code: [Select]
INSERT IGNORE INTO elkarte_tmp_log_search_messages
(id_msg)
SELECT m.id_msg
FROM elkarte_messages AS m
WHERE m.id_board != 9
AND MATCH (body, subject) AGAINST ('+dddd' IN BOOLEAN MODE)
LIMIT 6000
Yes I searched for dddd as an example ... not sure where that error is coming from and only seems to happen when the term is not found.

Reply #80

What indexes do you have set?

I’ll try and replicate that here. I noticed there are quite a few errors with the fulltext but you can’t use all the +\-“ commands for example. I was going to rework it for 2.0.0 when I got the chance

Reply #81

Thinking about it, you’ve probably done the use case I didn’t cater for (or think about) which is have a fulltext index already and then update. If you recreate the fulltext index within the Elkarte setting, do you still get the error?

Reply #82

Quote from: tino – Thinking about it, you’ve probably done the use case I didn’t cater for (or think about) which is have a fulltext index already and then update. If you recreate the fulltext index within the Elkarte setting, do you still get the error?
That was it !

I had done an upgrade to my test forum that had an existing fulltext.  A remove and redo seems to fix the issue.  Will need to drop the index as part of the upgrade and have the admin rebuild one.   The same will have to be done with 2.0 custom indexes since I changed the hash algo for the custom index so after and upgrade the index is useless.

Reply #83

Quote from: Spuds –
Quote from: tino – Thinking about it, you’ve probably done the use case I didn’t cater for (or think about) which is have a fulltext index already and then update. If you recreate the fulltext index within the Elkarte setting, do you still get the error?
That was it !

I had done an upgrade to my test forum that had an existing fulltext.  A remove and redo seems to fix the issue.  Will need to drop the index as part of the upgrade and have the admin rebuild one.   The same will have to be done with 2.0 custom indexes since I changed the hash algo for the custom index so after and upgrade the index is useless.

You ok with me leaving that with you? As I honestly wouldn't know where to start, other than calling the drop index function from the upgrade somehow.

Reply #84

No problem!  

And what I intend to do, simply drop the index.  Trying to rebuild it during the upgrade would be a problem, not as bad for fulltext but with 2.0 the custom also has to be rebuilt and that could take some time (although much faster in 2.0 its still a  slow critter.  So drop the index and set a note somewhere that it was dropped, not sure where yet, but "somewhere" :D

Be a few days been hectic with other things this week

Reply #85

Push notifications aren't working. push.min.js is missing from the zipped package, not sure what else may be offset. ;D

Reply #86

Quote from: Spuds – Technically you must have a plain text section.
Sorry, I forgot we were talking about one of the most messed up features of the internet! xD
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #87

Quote from: badmonkey – Push notifications aren't working. push.min.js is missing from the zipped package, not sure what else may be offset. ;D
Yeah I missed that in the last package, I have a new "it ain't over till I say its over" package I can post that adds that and a host of additional updates.
Quote from: emanuele – Sorry, I forgot we were talking about one of the most messed up features of the internet! xD
Yup, email is one of the most unreliable transport mechanisms ever.  Heck 1/2 of my dns entries are all stupid email things, spf, dmarc, dkim, mx all to have it rejected anyway since all it takes is one piss poor site on a subnet.

Reply #88

Is it too late to request the option not to have the site send out an e-mail?  lol

I use a few other forum developments and, when possible, disable email verification. I know that is not for everyone. But there are two things I no longer worry about. 1) e-mails 2) IP addresses.  It does not matter if someone is a friend or foe; anyone can popup using a different IP or e-mail without any effort.

I use Mozilla Firefox.

Reply #89

If you mean on registration, you can set that to Admin approves or Immediate ... I don't think those send any and centrally don't require email stuff.   Yes IP's and email are super easy to get and use at will.