Skip to main content
Topic: Home button  (Read 3162 times) previous topic - next topic

Home button

I think this is the right place to post it.

So, on the mobile version, there is no home button on the menu. I have always preferred that because it's better than scrolling to the top and clicking on the title. Maybe change the link of the home page button to the forum button because the forum is more important than the home page. :P

Re: Home button

Reply #1

How did I lost that one?

You mean here on the site?
hmm... the first on the left brings me to:
http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php

No?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

the home button isn't active, only the child elements (due to enforced click menu for mobile devices) and I think that's the Problem. there's no easy way to go back to the boardindex with click menus enabled.
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #3

I had done a test setup where I added a double click option to those top level links, not sure I have the code any longer.

The negatives were:
1) The click event also fires on the double click.  This means you run a chance of when doing a double click the drop menu appears (but the link will be followed, this is just a visual annoyance).    There is no way to fix that that I could find.    I tried a delay to the single click event to prevent its action until we were sure it was not a double click.  Of course that technique slows the click event,  so if you make it to long it will appear unresponsive, and to short and the menu appears anyway.
2) double clicking in some mobile browsers means zoom, so I'm not sure what will happen in those cases / browsers.

Reply #4

Quote from: TE – the home button isn't active, only the child elements (due to enforced click menu for mobile devices) and I think that's the Problem. there's no easy way to go back to the boardindex with click menus enabled.

This. Yeah, there is no easy where to go back to the board

The button doesn't click for me, it just shows the sub-menus

Maybe the boardindex should get added to that :P

Reply #5

Maybe:
click => expand
click again => go to?
Though I'm not sure if clicking around will close the dropdown (never used, I should test it).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Currently, the only choice will be to click on the forum name in title or the link tree to go to Board Index page.

Quote from: Mstcool – Maybe the boardindex should get added to that
Agreed and hide it on non-mobile view (as temporary solution).

Reply #7

Quote from: ahrasis – Currently, the only choice will be to click on the forum name in title or the link tree to go to Board Index page.
Or the linktree/breadcrumb.

Quote from: ahrasis –
Quote from: Mstcool – Maybe the boardindex should get added to that
Agreed and hide it on non-mobile view (as temporary solution).
The problem with that is then we'd have to add the "top level" to any "first-sub-level" to any menu around, but some already have some kind of similar menu, so we'd have to do odd things to remove/hide them, etc. :-\
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.