Skip to main content
Topic: What I missed on Elkarte ... (Read 1877 times) previous topic - next topic

What I missed on Elkarte ...

I miss a language selector .. specially for Guests.
So a visitor don't have a chance to see the Forum in his own language ...

Fel
Many are stubborn in relation to the path, a few in relation to the target.
Visit our new Forum Project on https://www.portamx.com

Re: What I missed on Elkarte ...

Reply #1

I don't se any benefit from these to be honest. When I visit a french board (which I can't speak), I can't read the topics nor the board text strings. But when I visit a board providing content in a language I understand (f.e. german or english), I can read the topcis and the board text strings. So why do I want the content, the most important stuff, in a language I can't understand, but the board text strings in a language I can understand?

It's the same as if someone is offering me a kitchen and I am so happy with it... But I can't cook and never will be. What's the point in offering me the kitchen then?

Reply #2

Could have sense for a multi-language board, let's say an user reads only the board in his language, in this case would be useful to read the text strings in his language.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #3

Yep, that could make sense. But then there must be a lot of informations in two (or more) languages: registry agreement, board rules, help pages, etc.

Reply #4

Well, if the board is multilingual, I would expect them to be there one way or another.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.