Skip to main content
Topic: SQUARE (Read 3106 times) previous topic - next topic

SQUARE

SQUARE is a new theme draft focussing on a great user experience. With it's clear design and very big icons (easy to use on mobile devices!) it is different then most other themes. SQUARE offers:

• easy to use user interface
  • fresh graphics and color schemes
  • nearly no difference on desktops and mobiles
  • back to the roots with less features but more comfort

Today I only can show you the profile edit section.

edit_profile_with_avatar.png

In this example the logged in user has uploaded an avatar to represent himself. As you can see the avatar will always be shown in the right corner of the header of SQUARE. If you click it, you will be logged out. Without an avatar being uploaded, the user will be represented by a simple avatar graphic, the header menu then will show an icon instead of the avatar picture, as you can see here:

edit_profile_without_avatar2.png

The profile edit section can be reached via the header "settings" menu, then "edit profile". In this section the user can change any profile information, change the user group he is in (if he clicks on the button a list of possible user groups will be shown so he can change the group by himself or ask for access to another group), link to his social network profiles as well as edit his signature and his avatar. SQUARE is clever, so only buttons which makes sense can be clicked (look at the "delete avatar" button - can't be clicked when there's no avatar).

More will come...
Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 09:54:52 am by Jorin
Run, bug, run! I will find you!
My ElkArte: Forum für alternative Antriebe

Re: SQUARE

Reply #1

While the above post is somehow corrupt, let's take a look at SQUARE's board index. Without boards, because SQUARE uses no boards at all.

index.png

The index shows new posts since user's last visit right at the top, followed by all older topics without new content (posts). The first unread post within a thread is shown as a preview.

With the "more" button at the bottom the user can load more and more content onto his index. Pages? Not with SQUARE!

The kind of table charakter of the index, using icons for it's column titles, is elegant, simple and easy to read. SQUARE focusses on the important things: what was posted, in which topic, when and from whom. SQUARE uses tags to mark topics, so they are listed here to.

index_tags.png

To read a topic, the user can simply click on it.

Little bubbles in front of the topic's title show wether the user has posted in this thread or not. If not, no bubble.

index_bubbles.png

Next I will show you will be the topic view.  ;)

Reply #2

Looking nice :D

Reply #3

I always like innovations...