Skip to main content
Topic: Rich text (Read 2035 times) previous topic - next topic

Rich text

Is there something I'm missing about formatting in thread replies or is it limited to just plain text with manual BBC formatting

Re: Rich text

Reply #1

Last button in the full editor? 
sorry for my bad english

Reply #2

What he said :D ... you have to be in WYSIWYG mode, do that my clicking on the eye icon in the editor toolbar.  Then paste your rich text and see what you get, below was pasted from open office write.   Do note there are likely to be some issues since there are a lot of conversions going on ... rtf->clipboard->browser html->editor and there are glitches here and there.

This is some rich text ....
So is this but centered
Some simple list
  • one
  • two
  • three

Reply #3

Meant when replying to a post - you just have the bog standard msg box
Worked out you have to go to preview and then you get the full editing options - may change the text on it to make it more obvious

Reply #4

you can also have the full editor under last post (ACP > Configuration > Current theme > ..)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #5

Quote from: radu81 – you can also have the full editor under last post (ACP > Configuration > Current theme > ..)

Using the social theme but don't see anything about the editor under Theme Settings

Reply #6

sorry, it's ACP > Configuration > Theme Management > Member Options > ...
and there you can choose to edit settings for all members, or for only new members that will register
sorry for my bad english

Reply #7

Quote from: radu81 – sorry, it's ACP > Configuration > Theme Management > Member Options > ...
and there you can choose to edit settings for all members, or for only new members that will register

Perfect, thanks

Reply #8

Hmm, I'm selecting the drop down to Change and clicking the checkbox and saving, page reloads and its unselected and no RTE
But this is under the default theme - sorry for all the questions

Reply #9

Most likely you changed somehow your profile and that set a different default for you.
Please ha a look in your profile what option is selected.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #10

Try this go to My Account - Look & Layout and in that enable "Show WYSIWYG editor on post page by default."