Skip to main content
Topic: Largest ElkArte boards? (Read 20231 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Largest ElkArte boards?

Reply #45

Quote from: Acido – Currently converting our forum over to ElkArte. 21.025 users, 29.348 Topics & 1.109.628 Posts
Hi Acido,
are you willing to share more technical Info's about you're Board ? How many concurrent users do you have ?
What hardware are you using ?

I am currently investigating to move my board which is quite large as well.

Thanks
Nifty

Reply #46

@Acido that will surely be the largest board powered by Elkarte, show us your board ;)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #47

Quote from: Nifty – Hi Acido,
are you willing to share more technical Info's about you're Board ? How many concurrent users do you have ?
What hardware are you using ?

I am currently investigating to move my board which is quite large as well.

Thanks
Nifty

Varies, usually around 100+ concurrent. On the hardware side, nothing super special Xeon w3530 (Quadcore) @2.80Ghz 16GB ram Gentoo Linux, mysql, nginx, fpm-php

Quote from: radu81 – @Acido that will surely be the largest board powered by Elkarte, show us your board ;)
Sure, it's in Danish though, and as I stated, still running a modified version of SMF 1.0.5 I'm in the process of creating a new page design for which I intend to use ElkArte on the new site when ready. http://fmfreaks.dk/

By the way: Took the importer aprox 3 hours to import all the messages, and everything looks alright so far, there are some minor formating issues on some messages but not the fault of ElkArte.
Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 04:05:26 pm by Acido

Reply #48

@Acido Not sure why you are still running 1.0.5, I hope it's not a real 1.0.5, otherwise it has God-knows-how-many security flaws, but I hope that since you are writing a converter on your own, you were aware of them and did something about it.
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #49

Nice looking forum @Acido

Reply #50

Quote from: Flavio93Zena (#OpIsis) – @Acido Not sure why you are still running 1.0.5, I hope it's not a real 1.0.5, otherwise it has God-knows-how-many security flaws, but I hope that since you are writing a converter on your own, you were aware of them and did something about it.

Because it is heavily modified (I have integrated all site functions directly into the SMF codebase) so it was/is a fairly complex deal to update to newer versions. I mostly did security patches without upgrading the whole package. But because of this have been having some compatibility issues with newer PHP versions in recent years as well, so this is one of the reasons I'm seeking to start over, and this time around the plan is to do most of the modifications via hooks so it becomes easier to upgrade the base package in the future, something that wasn't supported on these old SMF versions at the time.

Reply #52

Congrats and thanks for picking Elk! :D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #53

Yeah, we're about 200k short of that post count, but we have over 100,000 topics. Of course, some of those may need to be recounted. Would there be a way to make the stats system discount topics that are currently in the recycle bin forum?

I've also had to write several quick fix scripts after importing through SMF 2, such as fixing the timestamps of quote tags to match the posts they reference, and also fixing codebox tags after I forgot to enclose the regex parameter that collected their contents in parentheses so the parameter actually went to the replacement string. And also unsetting the deleted_by_sender value on the entire PM system, since that left many people with empty sent boxes, and the real way the old forum stored that info was to have duplicate PM entries where owner ID was also the from ID, or folder was listed as Sent.

I've also had to import the ban list myself, so I wrote a script for that, it generates IPv4, email, and user ID entries. And I migrated the old user warning levels over as 33/66/100 levels for the new warning system.

And I had to migrate over polls, which were broken by the SMF importer. They really need a proper overhaul, where I'll re-import them into the new system based on the old data, which was stored in a mess of serialized PHP arrays, some of which were apparently either invalid or truncated. I'm waiting on multiple questions and multiple choice before I make a final attempt to import all of the poll data.

SPLIT: Slow loading profile page [was: Re: Largest ElkArte boards?]

Reply #54

The discussion about slow profile page has been moved to http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=3222.0
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #55

found another one: https://foxtbirdcougarforums.com/index.php

and also this: https://talkrational.org/index.php which seems to migrate to phpBB, without importing the old data from Elkarte
Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 09:46:43 am by radu81
sorry for my bad english

Reply #56

and also this: https://talkrational.org/index.php which seems to migrate to phpBB, without importing the old data from Elkarte
The simplest / ugliest solution... :huh: