Skip to main content
Topic: BZ Lives (Read 3993 times) previous topic - next topic

BZ Lives

Hello everyone, I just wanted to pop in and give a big hug and thanks for this wonderful forum you have provided us. I'm fairly new at webpage building and this CSS stuff but, I'm getting there. I have recently purchased a couple of domains for my gaming and work needs and have been playing with all the big names out on the internet. I have found that SMF, phpBB and a few others are way behind you guys when it comes to speed and mobile compatibility.

When I finish editing these sites and go live, I will surely pass on your link to my members and other communities I deal with and try and get some extra coin rolling your way.

I suppose I should post these work in progress websites since I did post in the showcase thread.
Brothers of the Hood and Battlezone Headquarters.

Thanks again and keep up the great work!

Re: BZ Lives

Reply #1

Thanks for the kind words !!  ;D

Glad you enjoying using ElkArte, we have had a lot of fun building it and we have more cool stuff under development.    If you have any problems or find any bugs be sure and let us know, we try to fix them fast.

QuoteI'm fairly new at webpage building and this CSS stuff
You may be new at CSS, but sure looks like you are doing a great job, I think both of those sites look great!

Reply #2

Welcome to elkarte and good luck with your communities. I agree with you, when it comes to mobile support there is nothing better than elkarte ;)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #3

Welcome @Bodacious .

Happy that you discovered the wonders stored in ElkArte.

Reply #4

Welcome around! :D
Indeed, as Spuds said you are new, but you are doing very well. 8)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

:P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

Thanks everyone!

The only thing that I have noticed thus far is that the mobile header menu for the theme Silence doesn't display correctly on my iphone. That's about it! everything else works flawlessly.

How do you add the LIKE button? and also is there any plans for adding a social share (FACEBOOK) option later on? I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this.

Reply #8

Good work. Now we can see more theme varieties...

Reply #9

Quote from: Bodacious – Thanks everyone!

The only thing that I have noticed thus far is that the mobile header menu for the theme Silence doesn't display correctly on my iphone. That's about it! everything else works flawlessly.

How do you add the LIKE button? and also is there any plans for adding a social share (FACEBOOK) option later on? I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this.
I'll have to take a look at Silence, did that a while back and likely forgot to check the mobile side. 

The likes button will show up when you enable the likes functionality.  You will need to navigate to  Admin->Configuration->Core Features ... there you enable likes.  Then the likes setup section (Admin->Configuration->Features and Options->Likes) you will need to check "Enable Likes" along with other options you may want.

I think there is a simple addon to add facebook etc to the posts, check the addon site to be sure, can't remember at the moment.

Reply #10

Quote from: Spuds – The likes button will show up when you enable the likes functionality.  You will need to navigate to  Admin->Configuration->Core Features ... there you enable likes.  Then the likes setup section (Admin->Configuration->Features and Options->Likes) you will need to check "Enable Likes" along with other options you may want.

Don't forget to check the permissions then and allow your groups to give likes.