Skip to main content
Topic: Doubled permission for Like posts (Read 1911 times) previous topic - next topic

Doubled permission for Like posts

I noticed there are two permissions called Like other users' posts.
First is in General permissions:

After adding permission for group they can like posts.

Second is in Topics section:

This one doesn't seem to work, Like button is not in posts, or maybe it's for something else, but only name is incorrect?

ElkArte version: 1.0 RC2

Re: Doubled permission for Like posts

Reply #1

emanuele blames @Spuds! :P

Or is it intended?...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Thats to allow you to enable like permissions at a board level, so turn off likes for groups of certain board profiles (am I wrong?).  Could shift it under the general title instead of topic title of permissions, or is there a better place?

Reply #3

So you can enable at "forum level" and then filter at "board level"? (Sorry I didn't look into the likes code recently lol)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Well one is a member level permission under permissions and the other is under board permissions so you can remove that permission with a custom (or even the default) board profile.   So you could prevent the liking of posts in say an archive board.  Maybe its not needed shrug

Reply #5

How about adding in board settings checkbox: Disable Likes for this board and removing this second permission?

Reply #6

From what I understand you can allow/deny any member liking posts for any board you want using the board based permission alone. Why don't you just leave the board based permission and remove the general one?

Reply #7

I removed the global one as suggested by [SiNaN] and added the permission by default to the boards (there was also an allowedTo that was supposed t be isAllowedTo breaking the permission checks...).

emanuele is innocent... probably not. lol
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.