Skip to main content
Topic: Allowing email notifications (Read 1774 times) previous topic - next topic

Allowing email notifications

Hi, everyone,

I am completely new to moderating ElkArte forums and need some help.   I've got things up and running but my forum members cannot find a way to allow email notifications to happen when somebody posts.   Is there a way to allow that option or set up daily digests? 

Thanks,

Bridget

Re: Allowing email notifications

Reply #1

Hi and welcome! :)

Next to the "reply" button there is a "notify" one, that enables the notifications on a specific topic.
Otherwise a "notify" button is next to the "new topic" button, and in that case you can receive the notifications for any new topic created in a certain board.

Then, from your profile ("modify profile" > "notifications"), you can tweak the settings deciding the frequency of the emails, if receive emails any time you reply and so on.
If you check your profile on this forum, you'll notice is slightly different, this because it's running the development version, that shows how it will be in Elk 1.1.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: Allowing email notifications

Reply #2

And in addition to topic notifications, there are board level notifications, meaning all posts in a board are sent.